A PRE SURGERY TESTING QUESTION

shoegirl1023
on 1/5/12 8:46 am - Solon, OH
My brother is undergoing tests to see if he is a candidate for surgery.  He just got a result via a urine test that he has a very high hormone count which I have never heard of in a man. He now has to do another urine test where he will have to pee into a 2 liter bottle over a 24 hour period.  Has anyone ever heard of this at all? (not the test, but this kind of result)?? His Dr told him this could prevent him from having weight loss surgery.

He lives in another country therefore I told him I would post this question for him in the hope I can give him some feedback.

Thanks

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

We are on a continuous journey without a destination

Stephanie G.
on 1/5/12 11:28 am - San Antonio, TX

It sounds like a 24 hour urine test.  It can give indications of kidney function and let you know about thinks like protein in the urine.

jenny0823
on 1/5/12 8:47 am
Haven't heard of before problems effecting getting the surgery. They found a problem with me after that kept me in recovery an extra day. I would rather them be careful and sure before getting the precedure. He may have to get clearance froman uroligist to procede. Better to be safe. The surgery may be more common but it still is surgery.

Most Active