OH, advertisements, TOS

Medley411
on 1/6/12 11:56 pm
OH is a website that has advertisements.  Like any commercial venture, if a company pays
money to advertise, they get space. 

OH is no different than many other magazines or websites.  As consumers we should all check products and do research before purchasing or using any product.

I see many people post how disappointed they are about news letter that have advertisements
with products that are not so good for people.

I purchase a fashion magazine, that does not mean I think every item in the book is to my taste,
or will look good on me.  If the magazine prints an add for chocolate should I criticize and say that
is going to make everyone fat, and scold the magazine for taking that companies money.

We retain the ability to purchase or not, products advertised on OH.  Just because a product or service is on the OH website, it does not means OH sponsors or endorses it. 

OH can do what they want. Why are so many people shocked and seeminly put out?  This is corporate America.  If you dont like it, purchase OH and set your own rules (TOS).  

As with any other magazine or website, you will get a variety of subjects: WLS, pictures, letters to
the editor, cooking and even a dramatic story from time to time. There is plenty of materiel for everyone to choose from.  If you dont like an article or writer, dont read it. 
If you are unhappy with OH, move on. There is nothing to see here.  

AnneGG
on 1/7/12 12:32 am
Hear hear!!!

My sentiments exactly!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/12 1:45 am
 Yep, and you have to PAY for the magazine that has ads you don't want.  

I guess this is a case of you get what you pay for...or maybe, because you don't pay, you get what you get.  
(deactivated member)
on 1/7/12 1:47 am
Here is a post from OH:

Member Services
Irvine, CA
[Latest Posts]
No member has the right to ask another to leave a site.  Only the owner of a site has that option.  ObesityHelp values you as a member and has "not" asked you to leave.

If you are receiving abusive PM's, please click the Spam and Abuse option.  

Thank you,
Member Services  
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 1/7/12 2:06 am

I don't buy the whole "love it or leave it" philosophy. 

I have complaints and as much to right to post as you do. you don't like it, tough toenails.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

tee t.
on 1/7/12 2:20 am
 Amen
Medley411
on 1/7/12 3:34 am
I was not asking anyone to leave, OH is what it is that is all.

Phyllis C.
on 1/7/12 2:53 am
The adds are triggered by whatever each individual is looking for/at on the net!!!!

Phyllis
"Me agreeing with you doesn't preclude you from being a deviant."

Gina 21 Years Out
on 1/7/12 3:08 am - Burleson, TX

PHYLLIS-yep-like right now there is a pop up for "the all new 2012 Jaguar XJ-view the video now"...me thinks my 20 yr old doth dream too much!!!

MY pop ups are usually incontinent supplies/menopause products..kinda hurts my feelings...

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 1/7/12 3:30 am
 I get ads for clothing, usually, like

J Jill 

coldwater creek

landsend

eddie bauer

christopher and banks

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1115 views