need help...

tami_38
on 1/11/12 6:31 am - Fort Myers, FL
RNY on 08/25/09 with
 Hi all...havnt been on in a while...(may be reason for problems) but i had RNY 8/25/09...have lost 100 lbs....yeaH ME!!....but have found myself addicted to red wine and facebook....OMG!! what do i do?? i drink every day until i pass out....im scared, and NOT happy!! ANd if i do run out of wine I when i wake up in morn, im very sad...so i go buy it...and if im broke, i find everyway possible to get the money to buy it, count change, borrow it....plz help, should i get an app****herapist?? tami
tami_38
on 1/11/12 6:34 am - Fort Myers, FL
RNY on 08/25/09 with
 ANd forgot to add all i do all day is sit on my butt and play on laptop(facebook), and also I NEVER eat maybe once a day if im lucky, just cant eat....and not takin vites, but am takin scrip meds....ugghhh so discusted w/myself...plz no hate responses, couldnt handle it, seriously need sum good advice!! thanku all in advance
H.A.L.A B.
on 1/11/12 6:46 am
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/crossingtotransferaddiction s/discussion/

we have a transfer addiction board. Please go ther and ask for help.
Therapist is a great idea. Also AA meetings - I know they can help.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

JustLookingToo
on 1/11/12 8:11 am, edited 1/11/12 8:12 am - AL
I'm so sorry to hear that you are struggling with both money and alcohol. It's so easy to swap one addiction (food, for instance) for another addiction. I'm really glad that you realize that you need help. 

My brother died from alcoholism at the age of 48. I was with him the last few months of his life, and no one could make him realize that he needed help, even though his liver was failing to the point that he needed a transplant. He did quit drinking those months, but only because he had lost the use of his legs and could not get up and get a drink. I can't even tell you how horrible it was to watch my once proud brother, who had never in his life asked anyone for help, sit in a chair and urinate on himself rather than asking me to help him with a bed pan. A team of doctors and psychiatrist tried and tried to convince him that he could not stop drinking on his own, and explained that he could not get on the transplant list unless he agreed to get help. Like you, he probably knew he needed help, but he probably figured he could not live without drinking so he never tried.

I was with him when he took his last breath. We were eleven months apart in age, and I miss him terribly. I never blamed him for his addiction, and I never thought less of him because he was an alcoholic. He was so afraid of what people would think of him if he went to rehab, so he refused to go.

I know that you have people in your life who love you, too. I promise you, you are NOT fooling anyone of them. They all know that you are struggling, and they will be so proud of you when you finally get to the point that you address the problems that are going on in your life and ask for help. We are all human. We all make mistakes. NONE of us is anywhere near perfect. 

PLEASE do a search for places in your area that you can find help. There are plenty of them out there. Just keep looking until you find one that works for you. Don't waste your life. Don't die young like my brother did.

Lynn. 

Lisa S.
on 1/11/12 8:50 am - Lexington, NC
Mini Gastric Bypass on 03/14/12
I think you should seek out the help of a professional. I'm sure that they deal with things like this on a daily basis.

Don't give up!

(((HUGS)))
Amy Smith
on 1/11/12 9:41 am
First of all, I think you have hit the nail on the head when you identified going to a therapist.  I would also recommend a visit with your surgeon and your nutritionist if you can to get back on track.  There are many people willing to help and many who care as the above poser mentioned!
ruggie
on 1/11/12 10:00 am - Sacramento, CA
See a therapist.   Start eating well again.  Check out the addiction transfer board.

Something I found helpful earlier in life is the thought of "love yourself enough to not hurt yourself" and living that as well as I can.

Good luck to you.  My heart goes out to you.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

ChristieS
on 1/11/12 10:46 pm - Camby, IN
You need AA and a good therapist.  You have a transfer addiction, and you need treatment.

Twilighttwilight addict

Most Active