wow 4 years already

tcnaegele
on 1/15/12 2:12 am - madison, IN
 It does not seem to have been that long, well lost over 125 lbs. got all the plastic surgery done, dont have to take insuline shots any more, in a size zero pants which i never new they even made a size that little,I should be happy, but it is strange i am the same person but people treat me so different, i think my self esteem is lower now than ever if its not men making sexual comments and embarressing me all the time, women are mean towards me, my family members who gained the weight i lost, instead of being happy i lost the weight and got healthy critizise and are very cruel towards me, oh well i love my new body, i guess thats all that counts. 
Bettisima
on 1/15/12 2:27 am
Congrats on all you have accomplished.

I am sorry to hear that the people around you don't support you as a person. I am just 8 months post op, but I have lost some people in my life because I am no longer the 'fat friend' that makes them look good. I am also not willing to endulge in food orges.

People can be very mean. Some of them never left high school, and inflict hate onto others when they are insecure about themselves. And frankly, some men are pigs and not worth a moment of your time.

I choose to change my support circle. I started making friends through different classes at my local rec center. These people have no idea I have lost 90some pounds. They just accept me as they see me today, and they like that person.

Understand all of the hateful things people may say to you, or behaviors towards you, are about their issues and not yours. Find a way to get people in your life who support where you are going in life.
tcnaegele
on 1/15/12 3:00 am - madison, IN
 Thank you for your reply, you made me feel alot better.
MyLady Heidi
on 1/15/12 5:58 am
People can be very mean at times and it is hurtful, I just had this very discussion today with my bf about the looks I get sometimes especially from womyn, the up and down and then the look of disapproval.  I dress to please myself not anyone else, when anyone gives me that look I ignore them as if they do not exist in my world, but that doesn't make it okay.  I notice it typically comes from very plain looking womyn, not sure why they feel the need to judge me, someday I an going to say "What", and when they say, they didn't say anything I am going to say well you sure looked me over good and hard I thought you had something to say.  Or maybe I will just smile sweetly at their boyfriend, and tell him to have a nice day, or good luck.  I will do neither but it feels good to type it.  People suck, just ignore the haters and wear your size 0 with pride, as my bf says you wear it you gotta own it.
Ladytazz
on 1/15/12 2:06 pm
Maybe it's because I am older or I am doing something wrong but I haven't noticed anyone treating me any different then they did before.  I know I don't act differently and I feel like the same person only healthier.  When I was younger and lost weight I let it go to my head but as I get older it's not about looks as much as health.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active