To answer and update

desertdancer
on 1/16/12 8:34 am

I had made two previous entries and had so many helpful responses, I truly did my best to answer them but may have missed a few points.

Also, someone pointed out my one paragraph post, no offense taken at all my dear. I was at work and did a quick copy and paste from notepad and quickly ran off, NOT checking myself and did not realize I made one huge paragraph until it was to late. IT COMPLETELY was hard to read and I understand the struggle to do so and appriciate you did so and were helpful to no end. *HUG* Thank you truly. :)

I am going to be having another tear down discussion tomorrow night, reaching into my past and trying to figure out my hesitation and fear. I will heed the advice about this time also including the reasons why i would be scared NOT to have surgery. I did not previously do this. I will come and post an update once this discussion does happen.

With my situation as i posted about insurance, money and location, I have come to learn that my surgeon office just begun the VSG about a year ago. I DO not know details yet, and I have to see the surgeon over the next month and intend to have this conversation. I am a bit freaked out on the details of the DS and know this would have to be done out of state, in california. The sleeve is the first step anyhow correct? So if I attempted this route first once i decide (after talking to surgeon) then later on i can add part two if I am not successful. BUT in all honesty, the no re routing of the sleeve kinda appeals to me. I did contact my Ins co admin at work and informed her of both the DS and the VSG and how my surgeons office seems to be doing the sleeve now and she was unaware. She said since we are contracted through that particular office, she intends to bring this up in the March ins board meeting. Hey who knows, I may have made a 3rd option for future WLS patients a bit easier. Anyhow, I am in the process of asking a lot of questions with my surgeon, my insurance co, and myself.

Have i decided I AM having WLS? No. Have I decided which kind if i have WLS, No. I am giving myself a bit more time to truly soul search over this in every aspect.

Thanks for all who are helping, and guiding me through this. Again I know its my decision, and a MAJOR life changing one at that, no matter which direction. But it is SO helpful to share and listen with all of you.

Thanks guys

signatureshort.jpg picture by desertdancer2008  

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1376 views