OT: If you had a heart attack

desertdancer
on 1/17/12 5:01 am, edited 1/16/12 8:39 am
This is just my brain on overdrive and just curious mostly, but also thinking about where I am in life.

IF you had a heart attack was this before or after WLS? 
How old were you?

I know this can be a HUGE range of answers, and I know that its due to SO many different reasons and no ONE person is the same as others. It is just strictly food for thought so to speak.

signatureshort.jpg picture by desertdancer2008  

huskergalWsD
on 1/17/12 3:14 am
Heart Attack: "Before"  wls

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

Frances S.
on 1/17/12 3:22 am - Crystal Falls, MI
 I haven't personally..

but my father did.. it was a couple years after his WLS, and probably 8 years after he stopped smoking.  He almost died on the way to the hospital and the event stopped him in his tracks (had started running and cycling after WLS) and ended up regaining all of his weight after that.  He passed from Leukemia almost 2 years ago.

Pretty sure that living a life-time obese does a number on your heart that may or may not be reversable.
Amy R.
on 1/17/12 8:52 am
I had one before and one after. Although mine is specifically called a ventrical tachycardia, which may be different than what you are thinking of. It is also know as Sudden Cardiac Death Syndrome, and I am on of about 1% of people who have had two episodes and survived.

Not sure why you're asking the question, but one of the contributors to my last episode was not having my vitamins all up the proper levels. So PLEASE, PLEASE, make sure you take all of your vites and get your levels checked. You don't want to learn the hard way like I did (I was about 1 year and 8 months out when it happened post op).

Best of luck to you on your journey=)
walter A.
on 1/17/12 10:58 am - lafayette, NJ
developed a fib,  so put off the wls until i had that "cured" than proceed forward with the wls, arrhythmia's like vertical tachycardia, a fib can be caused by electrolyte imbalance which wls can cause,  I also have insipudus.  so take each step at a time,
cabin111
on 1/17/12 1:50 pm
One 8 years before WLS (RNY)...Including double heart bypass.  And one 2 years after WLS.  Had a stent put in after the second one.
MaryEllen OntheEastCoast
on 1/18/12 3:18 am - CT

Age 41.  Have not had WLS.
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1085 views