hi, heylow, and howdy.. I'm back =)

Jennifer B.
on 1/16/12 11:37 am - Townley, AL
hi all!! For those that know me I have so missed being here and talking with yall how are ya? For those that don't let me introduce myself,  I'm Jennifer 33 yrs old from the Jasper area of Alabama. I had WLS Aug 28, 2008. So far I have lost over 100 pounds but have gained some back and am no where near where I wanted to be. I do not see myself as a failure but I do see myself as someone who astrayed from the correct path and stopped using my tool to my benefit. It all started with me going back to my sodas and everything went downhill after that. I am in serious need of a good ole butt kickin from my WLS friends. I want to do the 5 day pouch test and try to get myself back on track. Do you think its possible or have I gone off the path for too long?

Any words of encourgement, tip****s, tricks, exercises, friendship, anything you have that could help me I would be so greatful. Thanks all and please let me know how you guys are doing.

It feels great to be back and I'm already feeling hopeful!!
beforeandafter6-9-09.jpg image by jennismurf205
Surgery date: Aug. 28, 2008.  Start weight 489 -  Current weight on March 29th 2009 368 - Goal weight 180 
Have lost 145 pounds so far.
Bettisima
on 1/16/12 12:09 pm
I think that going back to the basics. Measure your food, eat your protein first, ditch the 'white stuff' and stick with complex carbs is your best option. The 5 day pouch test kind of sounds like a fad diet to me. The basics work.
Jennifer B.
on 1/16/12 12:25 pm - Townley, AL
I have already written down the basics again just now... I know them all but when I write things down it seems I am more likely to follow them plus I will always have them to review when needed. thank you so much for your advice and taking the time to read and help me. =)
beforeandafter6-9-09.jpg image by jennismurf205
Surgery date: Aug. 28, 2008.  Start weight 489 -  Current weight on March 29th 2009 368 - Goal weight 180 
Have lost 145 pounds so far.
stephanie R.
on 1/16/12 1:52 pm - phoenix, AZ
DS on 01/24/12
 Well I dont think you are a failer.. i think like you said you need to get back right on track again.. and counting everything will help you.. I know my friend had to get back on track and her dr.. told her to do the protein shakes again with clear liquids.. It  helped her she lost  30 lds in the 2 weeks.. glad to get to meet you.. Have a good night!!
Barb H.
on 1/16/12 5:22 pm - Kailua-Kona, HI
Revision on 01/25/12
I think you are so smart to have come back here for a butt-kicking! I agree with the above posts...get back to your basics and NO MORE SODAS!!!

Hang out here for awhile and get the support you need to help you get back on track.
Lap band 03/09; revised to RNY 01/12
Read about my journey at www.journeyofafatwoman.wordpress.com

JJ_
on 1/16/12 7:06 pm
Eating correctly is a marathon - i.e. until we die.  This is not a sprint.  So you need habits that will last over time.  Do you brush your teeth regularly?  Ensure your hair is clean?  These are other good habits you already have.  Your success will depend on you having good eating habits.  You know what to do.

All the best.

Judy
Most Active