What's going on?

Jessyw
on 1/25/12 7:55 am - polarbears&igloos, AK
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to say that I am personally very sad to see what this site has become. I remember being proud and happy to tell people of the online support group with such beautiful organization and wonderful people. But to now see so many of our wonderful and very experienced/wise people leave because of actions of people who are abusing their power is very sad.

I can't say I completely know all that has been going on but I have seen bits and pieces. I was really hoping OH could hold it together because it has such a marketing name and attraction to itself, but sadly I see that is not the case.

I am a DS'er, if that matters. But I do not care who or what you are as long as we all keep the peace and spread FACTUAL information! That's all that needs to be done.

Taking someones right away to say what they need to prove a point or to correct someone is absurd! I don't understand why OH feels so compelled to take that from us?

Anyways, I have always been a very strong advocate for the DS because I have done my research, and to me it is the best. I personally only suggest the VSG or DS to people who speak to me about my experience.

And it pains me to know that many of our very intelligent DS'er are no longer here because of a lot of personal bias.

I had high hopes for you OH!

But no matter what I have made a promise to myself to stay on this board and to pass on my love and knowledge of the DS like so many of the wonderful --further out DS'ers did. Its still very important!

-Jessy
      Hello, my name is Jessica  I'm 20 and I got my DS!! check out my page. 

I love my DS!!!!   sw(535)/cw(220)/goal (?)
  Wanna learn about the DS? Come to the DS forum or check out these websites:
                  http://www.dsfacts.com/ OR http://www.duodenalswitch.com/
BeagleMama
on 1/25/12 10:24 am
Amen Sister! Wise words from a wonderful and beautiful young woman! Thank you for your continued kindness and willingness to pay it forward.
rhidunn
on 1/25/12 11:48 am - Annapolis, MD
 I was clearly oblivious to all that was going on.  I am saddened by what happened though -- OH saved my life, literally.  I wouldn't be here today were it not for the information I received on this site.  I hope things do heal here -- and that others can find the same information, inspiration and support that I did.

AnneGG
on 1/25/12 11:57 am
I do firmly believe that support and information are very much alive and well at OH, and will be for the foreseeable future.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Gina 21 Years Out
on 1/25/12 7:20 pm - Burleson, TX

JESSY-you are a beautiful young woman. I almost choked on my coffe when I read your weight loss ticker. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW..KUDOS to you!!!

I don't give a rat's ass what "type" WLS a person-I care that they took charge of their HEALTH. The fact that you did so at such a young age-and now can have a lifetime of greater health in front of you--well--I just have no words for how fabulous I think that is (ok-FABULOUS is THE word, I guess!!)

But..since you say you have a DS...I'd like t use you as one of my "go to" peeps, if you don't mind. I had an RNY, so that is the ONLY WLS I can honestly consider myself "smart" about. Yea, I'm a nurse-a support group leader-yadda yadda yadda-done my homework-know the "mechanics" of each surgery type--but I do not LIVE THEM DAILY-ya know?  I sincerely miss the peeps, who had the DS, who are no longer available, for me to send people to, to have questions answered, on OH. But things evolve, and will continue to so.

May you have continued success !

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

snshine62
on 1/25/12 7:24 pm
Gina very nice post. By the way, you look great too!!
Gina 21 Years Out
on 1/26/12 12:49 am - Burleson, TX
Thanks! It's a pretty fair bet I will never grace the cover of "Vogue" (maybe "Fabulous FLABBY Women of the 50s'..but not "Vogue"..but I am 200% healthier at age 54 than I was 44-that's for sure !!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Zee Starrlite
on 1/26/12 12:14 am
Just wanna send some love your way xoxox.  You are a doll Jessy and I am sooooo very proud of you!  I am so glad you are living like a young lady should - kudos to the DS!

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

MsBatt
on 1/26/12 12:34 am
So nice to se your smiling face! You're a shining example of how the DS can change a person's life, and kudos to you for paying it forward.

Be sure to come visit the vets at the link in my signature.

Most Active