5 years out===low white blood cells

MelMoyl
on 1/25/12 8:56 am
Hi All,
I'm 5 year's out and was wondering if anyone else has issues with low white blood cell counts.  I've had 4 iron infusions in the last 2 year's and now my white blood cell count is continuing to get lower. Normal is 4.8 to 10.8 mine is 3.7.

Has this happened to anyone else?
(deactivated member)
on 1/25/12 9:10 am
Have you seen a hematologist?
H.A.L.A B.
on 1/25/12 9:12 am
What your hematologist have to say?

Lower WBC are associated with viral infections (current, or just before testing), mineral and viatamin deficiencies and so many other issue.
i.e.
low vit D level may casue decrese in WBC...

http://www.livestrong.com/article/490088-low-white-blood-cel ls-a-vitamin-d-deficiency/
as well as low B6, and so on...

Mineral deficiencies will also contribute to that...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

MelMoyl
on 1/25/12 9:26 am

I am going to the hematologist next week.  When they ran my panels I'm not sure if they ran a vitamin D. 
Thanks for the info.

HollyBear
on 1/25/12 12:47 pm
I've seen a hematologist for a couple years for low white blood counts (neutrophils), after many blood tests it was determined that because I am otherwise healthy, and nothing showed up on my blood tests that it was a "normal" abnormality and that it is fairly common. 
Wait and see your hematologist and let us know what he says.
Holly

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1363 views