I'm depressed

PurplePresident
on 1/31/12 10:28 am
Can't sleep, feel bad, feel like a failure
jcbroockerd
on 1/31/12 11:23 am, edited 1/31/12 11:23 am - MD
I went through the same feelings this last November. There are ways to combat these feelings, so chin up! 

Are you pre or post-op? Is there a specific problem or situation that affecting you? Can you identify why you're feeling bad?

If you can't sleep, it may be that your sleep cycle has been thrown off, and you need to get back on a regular cycle. If you can't sleep because you're thinking too much, or you're restless, try meditation to calm down and relax your body and your mind.

If you can, try to get some sunlight or start taking chewable Vitamin C. A lot of depression symptoms can be alleviated by increasing your seratonin intake. This should make you start to feel better, and may help you get rid of your sense of failure.

Why do you feel like a failure? Weight plateau? Gain? Frustrated at the time it's taking to lose? 

339 was the weight I joined OH at. 432 is the weight I decided I needed to change my life.
AnneGG
on 1/31/12 11:24 am
Do you think it might help to get some counseling or therapy? And medication? Sounds like it sucks to be you right now.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

CorpusMutatis
on 1/31/12 12:59 pm
 >hug
Bette B.
on 1/31/12 10:17 pm
 Would that be a bear hug? 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 1/31/12 1:59 pm
I assume the info under your avie is correct, and you aren't a recent revision now losing lots of weight again, which can contribute to hormone dump and depression. Sorry you're feeling blue/

Let your doctor help you determine if you need meds to adjust things back to normal, or to talk to someone. I have found that increasing natural light this time of year, when we've just been through he darkest months, is necessary to keep me from becoming morose. There are multiple reasons we become depressed, and numerous helpful treatments, and we don't have to live with it. And shouldn't. Please seek out some help, you deserve to feel better.
boxermom
on 2/1/12 10:57 pm - MI
 I too felt confused and depressed after my surgery.  I used OH to assist me.  I looked under find a Therapist in the doctor section of the site.  Turns out my Therapist had also had the Rny so she could understand everything I was going through.  She helped me through a lot and got me a diagnosis that helped me get on the right meds to balance out my moods.  Don't look at it negatively, we all need help time to time.  Sometimes friends and family just dont know how to do it.

good luck-boxermom

www.obesityhelp.com/find/psychologist/

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

Most Active