Hair Loss

Amy T.
on 2/5/12 6:07 am - Labadieville, LA
 Ok I had my procedure in November. Will be 3 months on the 15th. I am down about 40 lbs. when I wash my hair, more than usual is coming out. Then When I comb it some more comes out. Don't get me wrong, I am 35 and have lots of thick, curly hair, but if it keeps coming out at this rate I am afraid! At what point will it stop??
Valerie G.
on 2/5/12 6:15 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
It's called telogen effluvium, and will stop in a couple of months.  The old hairs are being pushed out by new growth waiting to emerge.  Get yourself a new haircut with layers to blend in that new growth.  You deserve a makeover.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

J J the Jet Plane
on 2/5/12 6:49 am
Normal, but I will not say I am used to it at all. I have cut 3 times and started using what I could to help.  Wide tooth comb- good conditioner good shampoo. Nioxin is a good one for new hair growth, but typically when you stop using it the hair sometimes falls out. 

I don't know what surgery you had but I am taking Hair Skin and Nails vitamin from Costco and Biotin (5,000 mg day)  Just remember when you help hair grow you help it grow the places you are not fond of too like legs etc.

Everyone is different but for most people I understand it comes back, so far this has been my worst month of hair loss. I am in my 5th month. 
Good luck and hang in there.
JJ

Bettisima
on 2/5/12 10:42 am
It is typical, and I lost hair from month 4-8. To anyone who looks at me, they would never know, I still have hair and no bald spots. Like a previous poster, I bought a shower comb, wide tooth. I quit the biotin because I was getting hair growth where I did not want it. (extra facial hair). I have loys of short hairs all over my head, so I know the hair is growing back.
glzgowlass
on 2/5/12 1:47 pm - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
 I have very thick curly hair and it started with me at the 2.5 month mark.  It was coming out by the handful.  It slowed after a couple of months and I just got my hair cut by a couple of inches off the length because the weight of the hair that was left was pulling it down.  I aksed the hairdresser and she didn't notice any loss as excessive so it seems to have really slowed down now.  

I kind of like it because I can comb my hair now.  Before I  could only get the comb through when it was wet.  It's kind of nice being able to comb it at any time in the day.  (And it's a wide tooth comb)

It all grows back though from what i've read. 

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/12 10:23 pm, edited 2/5/12 10:23 pm
Protein shakes , biotin , hair vitamins , zinc and Iron all help encourage the hairto grow back quickly ..

They say any hair loss oversixmonths post op is due to iron and zinc deficiency ..
Most Active