Heads up: Free Webinars

Eggface
on 2/19/12 2:23 am - Sunny Southern, CA
The Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) & Obesity Prevention, Policy & Management are hosting a FREE webinar series. The Complexity of Obesity. Awesome title IMHO because anyone who is fighting this war on a personal level knows obesity is more than the simple math of calories in, calories out.

These online events will occur approximately every six weeks throughout 2012 & 2013 with a variety of topics, speakers, and panels discussing obesity related topics, the first of which (intro to all the topics that will be covered) took place on Feb 7th but you can download the full presentation with audio from the OAC's web site:

http://obesityppm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=arti cle&id=102&Itemid=51

The next webinar is set for Thursday, March 29, 2012 and will focus on the topic of "Addiction." You have to register for the webinars but they are FREE. When you register you get a log in code.

~Michelle "Shelly"
My wls journey: www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

M M
on 2/19/12 3:23 am
I'll be there!

I used my iPad last time - very cool App.
Eggface
on 2/19/12 5:35 am - Sunny Southern, CA
It was a neat format. I loved the interactive polling during the session. Would love to see the data they gather from all of us I hope they publi**** Addiction should be a wild session so many varying viewpoints.

I know I twitch walking by H&H's ;)

~Shell

AnneGG
on 2/19/12 4:15 am
Thanks for the heads up! Sounds useful- they will be on my calendar.

And thanks in general. I love your blog and recommend it any chance I get.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Eggface
on 2/19/12 5:31 am - Sunny Southern, CA
Aww thanks Anne for the kind shout outs :)

Hope you enjoy the series. The first session was great. 13 more to come... opposing viewpoints, panels of experts in the field. All free. Feel free to tell any local support groups or other forums you are a member of about it. I hope through listening in people will begin to realize the depth of the issue and callous comments like "just quit eating and move more" will be a thing of the past!

~Shelly

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1377 views