high protein low sugar snacks for college kids

sherry1963
on 2/20/12 7:20 pm
Looking for ideas to have in the house so my 2 college boys can grab and go.  They both are working from 4am to 8am at Fed Ex and then they go to school for 6 hours.  Looking for somthing that they would first off eat and then bring with them or have in their car for when they get hungry so they stop eating at fast food places. 

any ideas would be helpful, one will not eat fruit.
dani02
on 2/20/12 7:32 pm - Utica, MI
I have teenage daughters and getting them to eat a good protien is hard. We found a brand called

Pure Protein--20 grams with only 2 grams of Sugar.
Jay Robb (not sure of how many grams of protein)

We chose to do protein bars cause they can be carried anywhere, they look like a candy bar (so noone can make fun of them), yes kids will make comments if you are trying to eat better.

We have also bought pre made protein drinks and froze them. by the time they get to eat them
they are like a shake.

Good luck
Dani

NinjaGirl
on 2/20/12 8:21 pm - MI
 What about beef jerky, string cheese or cheese, meat and cheese roll ups, nuts...I have started sending these with my bf to work!
RHCP
on 2/20/12 10:30 pm - Poughkeepsie, NY
Hard boiled eggs

Dry Roasted Edammane

Roasted pumpkin seeds

Krazydoglady
on 2/21/12 12:20 am - FL
Trail mix is always good. I get a blend from Walgreens that is almonds, walnuts, and dried blueberries that I love. 

Cliff makes their MOJO Trail Mix Bars as well. they are mostly organic, low sugar, with 10g of protein, I think.

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

Most Active