getting to worry about united healthcare and surgery

ANGELWING6
on 2/22/12 3:16 am - Defiance, OH
Well I made calls yesterday I'm glad I keep a journal of all the calls and dates and who I talk to,, but I called the UHC and they didnt get paper work and I wrote them a letter month proir. about the dates what i went threw and the hosiptal and they told me to call Dr. Lalor office and I did and they havent got it arranged threw the billing,, I started this almost a year and a half. I keep counting calories, and eat like the dietician has had me do for 7months, no pepsi,, but just wish my surgery date will come soon,,,,,
Valerie G.
on 2/22/12 3:44 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 UHC cannot do anything until they get all they need from the doc's office, so they are the ones to call, now.  My surgeon's office somehow didn't get the paperwork to UHC the first time, either.  When they sent it again, I requested that they call me.  After that, I waited 2 days after they faxed the ppwk and called UHC to make sure they had all that they needed, then called a week later to make sure everything was in line, then I was approved a couple days later.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Michelle M.
on 2/22/12 7:07 am
RNY on 03/19/12
I also have United Healthcare, and was getting nervous because I had read a lot of negative stories about their approval process. However, once my primary care Dr finally got my records to my surgeon, I was approved right away! As in, my Dr told me yesterday that my records had been sent, and I got a call with my surgery date today! I don't know whether I'm more excited or terrified! It is really happening! Good luck to you!