tigtht or not

BIGMOMMAOF3
on 3/1/12 12:42 pm
 I had the lap band 3 yrs. ago and my surgeon is very conservative with giving fills I think I may have 5 or 6 I think I am not losing because of that how many fills should a person get in a year I have no restriction other than during an occasional stomach bug or when I get stuck.  Oh and FYI I thought the stomach bug was bad before the lap band it is 100 times worse now!!
poet_kelly
on 3/1/12 1:46 pm - OH
You should have however many fills it takes to get the restriction you need.  It varies from person to person.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Hislady
on 3/2/12 8:23 am - Vancouver, WA
Kelly is right on, there is no set amount for a fill everyone is different. You could also have a leak if it was 5-6 fills of 1cc you should feel something if it was 1/2 cc you may need more fill. It's also possible that the fills didn't get in the port but just went inside your belly. My surgeon always pulls out what is in there then adds more after he makes sure the proper amount is in the band according to his records. I certainly bears investigation as to why you aren't feeling any restriction.