Is there anyone who had the RN-Y and went back to have the new ring installed, due to weigh

SassySharon
on 3/9/12 7:34 pm - Orlando, FL
I had RN-Y in July of 2007, and I'm curious my surgeon Dr. Jawad is now doing a new procedure to old patients, that have re-gained weight. He inserts a ring similar to the band, to insure that your pouch doesn't stretch and you can't re-gain your old weight back, I'm not sure what its called. I never got to a size 4, he said your body knows what size it wants to be, mine is a 6-8, but I wonder, hmmm
Vivian Prouty
on 3/9/12 10:20 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Are you currently in a 6-8?  If so I wouldn't worry about it.    The only thing that I personally have heard of is placing a lap band over the pouch if it has stretched but then again as we all know...that is not 100% guaranteed that it will make you lose the re-gained weight.   Lots of the re-gain is due to choices that the person makes and inactivitiy.    I don't think that any doctor can seriously guarantee you that you will NOT gain any weight.   We ALL have to make wise choices and keep our bodies moving to keep from re-gaining weight that we have lost.     BTW......I never got to a size 4 either.    I really don't think my body would get that small and I am a very petite person too.    

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Aasect .org
on 3/9/12 11:44 pm
Stay the hell away from it!

I have a ring that was placed at the same time as my RNY and it's been the cause of all my problems. It's known as the Capella method and it's a permanent ring around the stoma. It doesn't prevent you from gaining weight, it just prevents you from eating solid food. I am working towards a revision to have it removed, as have others on here. It's a nightmare.
Valerie G.
on 3/12/12 3:05 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 You're a size 6-8 and want  to undergo another surgery in hopes that you might be a size 4 .......REALLY?????  

See a shrink, not a surgeon.  Your issues are all in your head.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

He who can't be Named
on 3/12/12 3:42 am
I have serious misgivings about a surgeon that would perform a surgery on you just to take you from a size 6-8 to a 4. Counseling would be the appropriate fix for this.
Some times dingle berries are the lowest hanging fruit.  
SassySharon
on 3/13/12 7:44 am - Orlando, FL
I'm curious about the procedure, my co-worker had RN-Y a year before me and he has gained 70 lbs. he asked me to post this, he said he really didn't want to be cut again, but he wanted to hear some feedback on the subject. The only surgery that I want is butt enhancement, lol! I told my co-worker if I gained 70 lbs, I would definitely talk to Dr. Jawad, and see what I could do to remedy the situation, when I said a size 4 hmmm, I was kidding, I take my vitamins and workout 5 days a week, he doesn't. I used to try to get him to workout with me after work, but he says, he'll do something at home, so thanks for the tidbits, I'm good! But I can't wait to tell him the responses I got on my question, thanks again!!
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1345 views