Doctor Visit today to get Letter of Medical Necessity for Plastics

mrschriscross
on 3/13/12 1:55 am - Oswego, NY
 I am aware there is a chance that my ins. might not cover for plastic surgery to remove the excess skin on my stomach but my PCP has to submit a letter of medical necessity and I would basically like to take in a sample letter for her. She is a bit scatter brained lately and well getting her to do anything is terrible. I called 3 weeks ago because I was told by the ins. company that my pcp had to call to find out what is considered medically necessary for plastics and well they never did it. So I am going this route instead. I have a considerable amount of back pain in my mid back which I believe is due to the amount of skin hanging. I get itchy at the fold, but no rashes ocassional redness from itching and odor, esp when I go to the gym. It is almost always moist in the fold. My Bariatric surgeon gave my a Rx for diflucan and Nystatin powder which I have a copy of the Rx. Is there anything else that should be put in the letter? A lot of the times when you go to her and you are sick and she gives you Zpak and you tell her it doesn't work well she asks what do you want me to give you.. So this is why I am doing what I can to help out.
Feel Free to Add Me on FACEBOOK just search for my name Angela Cross or [email protected]  Also if you could put you are from OH in the request it would help. Thanks :)

HW / SW / CW / GW
320 / 305 / 213 / 185   Updated 3-27-11

bigtigger1010
on 3/13/12 4:32 am - Laurel, MD
VSG on 04/05/12
anyway u could get the letter from ur bariatric surgeon since i'm assuming he has ur infection documented since he gave u the Rx... and he may be more familiar with the whole extra skin thing?

HW:344  SW:329  CW:207.8  Losses: pre-op - 15/ post-op - 121.2        
M1 -  25      M2 -  18    M3 -  14.2    M4  - 11.8     M5   - 14      M6  -  9.6
M7 -  6.6     M8 -  7.0   M9 -  5.6      M10 - 7.8      M11 - 1.6+      M12- ??    

Most Active