Need some suggestions

warrenandbrodysmom
on 3/18/12 5:56 am - VICTORVILLE, CA
Hi everybody I'm 3 years out RNY and I'm noticing weight gain..I really haven't even had to try to DIET since I had my surgery and I feel completely lost now.. I'm considering weigh****chers because that was always my go to place before I had surgery but I would love to hear some suggestions from you guys..
bryant_w
on 3/18/12 6:09 am - NY
I would talk to your doctor first.  I had the RNY 12 years ago and went from 309.5 pounds down to 155 within 2 years.  However, my doctor did inform me not to get upset if I gained weight and maintained at 188 pounds.  Which I did gain within the 3rd year to 180 pounds and maintain that weight until last year and I topped over 224 pounds which was all stress related baking and I lacked any form of execise.

Since I took back control this past December and have keep my claorie intake back to 1200/1250 daily and I now workout 6 days a week I am back down to 198 pounds as of this morning. 

Your body could simplly be in its adjust phase.  So, have a convesation with you doctor.
warrenandbrodysmom
on 3/18/12 6:38 am - VICTORVILLE, CA
Thankyou yes that's a good idea I really should check in with my surgeon its been way to long since I have

Robin

poet_kelly
on 3/18/12 6:27 am - OH
Why do you think you're gaining?  Are you eating more, eating different things, getting less exercise?  You can do WW if you want to, and I think it does help some people.  But it's usually considered a short term solution, isn't it?  I mean, would be count points or whatever for the rest of your life?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

warrenandbrodysmom
on 3/18/12 6:36 am - VICTORVILLE, CA
Well I know I'm eating more but I feel like I need something to follow you know..and yes the points are a pain lol

Robin

momjan
on 3/18/12 6:42 am - Canada
You might want to check out the 5 day pouch test and give it a try.  It seems to get people off the carbs and back into a place where you can `feel` your stomach.

Then, go back to more basic food eating..no carbs - no potatoes, bread, crackers, rice, etc., no pop or soda; eating more beans and legumes, higher proteins.  Drinking lots of liquids, removing sugar, etc.

Bet that will bring you back down to where you want to be......