Need someone to talk to....may seem silly, but devastated

rocktheshade
on 3/21/12 1:45 pm - Medway, MA
 Hi- I have lost 270 lbs since gastric bypass in may 2010.  February 16th I had skin removal. Panni, tummy tuck and both arms done. I had some complications (hematoma requiring 3 blood transfusions and emergency surgery to remove the blood) I was also in the hospital or 8 days instead of the one they had planned. So- I had documented this whole journey on my iPhone. Videos and photos everyday of my recovery and progress. Well, it has been a tough recovery so I hadn't downloaded any of them off of the phone yet.
Today some horrible person stole my phone. I m just devastated. I could care less about the phone. Bt all those hundreds of pictures nd videos are gone.
May seem silly but it was so important to e to ocumenting his process. I have a horrible pit in my tomach and having anxiety. I can't stop thinking about it. 
I have gotten "sick" every time I've tried o eat.  I realize there are bigger issues out there, but this is very real for me right now. 
Just hoping someone's awake to all to. 
Sorry or typos, my computer isn't Letting me edit this at all. 
Tina

320 pounds GONE forever!!!

start 455/ current 135

rocktheshade
on 3/21/12 1:57 pm - Medway, MA
 Ok. So reading my post, it seems like I'm  whining. Sorry. 
However, just writing this post has already relieved my anxiety. I love OH. 
Julie S.
on 3/21/12 3:05 pm - Southington, CT
Revision on 02/28/12
Don't ever think your whining. Sometimes its such a weight off your shoulders & your mind to have a sounding board.
I'm so sorry about your cell phone. That really sucks. I know verizon enters your id # on a stolen list so if someone tries to use it they will know. Another thing I wanted to tell you about for future is most companies have a way for u to backup pic & videos through their web sites similar to how u backup ur contacts. Might want to look into that.
Again, so sorry & Congrats on ur surgery. Sorry bout ur complications. Many Prayers heading your way for a Speedy Recovery. Hang in there
~Jules~
Open RNY 8/04 ...Revision 2/28/12

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/12 2:27 pm - Chapel Hill, TN
 I don't think it's silly at all. Some people suck!!!!   I'm so sorry you don't have your pics.
~Carol
Nikkal
on 3/21/12 4:45 pm
VSG on 07/18/13
 not at all whiny or silly - is it at all possible that the pics can be retrieved if you sync your data from the old phone to a new one?

I think if you get a new iphone and do a sync before using the new phone it should restore everything - I know when I installed ios5.0 it deleted everything and I had to run a restore from the last sync, and everything was fine!

Michelle H.
(Rainbomama)

on 3/21/12 7:38 pm - LA
VSG on 02/27/12
You're describing the feeling I had when my house burned down and I lost everything I ever owned. I didn't think I'm make it through that but I did. You will get through it. Just keep thinking that you still have your life. The videos and pics are just that, videos and pics.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Michelle from Louisiana

southernlady5464
on 3/21/12 10:40 pm
One: Do you use iCloud?
Two: Did you turn on "Find My iPhone"?

If you did, you could possibly relocate it.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

(deactivated member)
on 3/22/12 2:29 pm
actually  theres  a way to do this  even if you DIDNT  do either one of these things .  Keep CALLING  it # 1  .  Half the time the thief has passed  it on to someone else  who does not know its yours  and/or  just stashed it where  someone else can hear it .  Leave a message with a number where U can be reached and offer a reward  if they call . 

also look into the ways  apple can track Ur phone - I pulled mine up  right o n the screen when it was lost and found the exact block  ...
blueblond1973
on 3/22/12 1:07 am - MI
dont feel like your whinny its no diffrent then if some one stold picture of your wedding or your child those pictures ment something to you. i would be upset and thinking about it to your surgery was a big change for you and I can understand how you feel. if you need to talk email me i can talk. Loretta
Amy R.
on 3/22/12 1:13 am
You are not whining at all. It must feel horrible to have that piece of your journey stolen, especially after all you went through.

No answers for you - hope you can get some that help - but wanted you to know that are definately not just complaining. That would be a huge blow to the psyche to many post-ops and even non-ops.
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1126 views