Carb addict would like help please to break this NOW

mtnwoman04
on 4/6/12 1:14 pm - Blairsville, GA
When I am stressed or nervous I want to eat and its carbs i always want please give me any information that will help me beat this NOW  
Thank You
Patsy
kathkeb
on 4/6/12 2:02 pm
Patsy,

When I find that I am relying too much on quick, crunchy, crappy carbs I set aside 3-4 days to stop.

I clean my house of them.
Straight to the trash is they are in an ened package, to the food bank if they are still sealed.

I stock up on protein that I like. I buy a little extra cheese and nuts .... High caloric, but they satisfy me.

I make a list of things to do besides eat and I set to planning my meals around protein and produce.
I take warm baths with a good book and a cup of tea in the evenings, I go to bed early.

I brush, floss and gargle often so I am to as tempted to snack.

Usually after about 3 days I feel 'clean'.

Hope that jhelps.
Kath

mtnwoman04
on 4/6/12 2:43 pm - Blairsville, GA
Thank You I will give the tips a try I know they sound like they will help me a lot
God Bless
Patsy
JJ_
on 4/6/12 8:38 pm
You have received some very good tips.  Keep in mind that you need complex carbs from the fruits and veggies.  However, if you are eating stuff like pasta, rice, etc, your body will want even MORE carbs setting up the vicious cycle of wanting, needing more.

I find that if I eat protein and veggies or fruit I am not hungry as the protein makes me feel full.

Good luck Patsy in cutting the carb monster off at the knees!

Judy
Eggface
on 4/7/12 4:33 am, edited 4/7/12 4:33 am - Sunny Southern, CA
Keep them out of the house for sure... and make some healthy choices easily accessible... I have cucumbers sliced and ready to grab or pre-portioned snack bags of better choices... set yourself up for success that way when something stresses you out you have back-up ;)

Thought you might enjoy this read too:

www.details.com/style-advice/the-body/201103/carbs-caffeine- food-cocaine-addiction

Good Luck. I do cold turkey... no bread, rice, pasta, bread, crackers, chips, etc closing in on 6 years now, it's what *I* have to do. YMMV.

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Sparklegigi
on 4/7/12 8:33 am - La Verne, CA
if its grain related (rice) try quinoa.
If its chips, try Kays Natural products.
good luck, its hard! I went back to ww to get my 11 lb gain off, I have lost 3.

mtnwoman04
on 4/7/12 10:38 am - Blairsville, GA
chips and crackers and I am not going to buy them until I get this habit broke and THANK YOU ALL FOR responding to my post
GOD BLESS HAPPY EASTER
Valerie G.
on 4/7/12 11:53 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Keep the good stuff at easy-to-grab condition, which is as easy as grabbing a cookie or chips.  I find that if I eat lots of protein for a few days, that the cravings start to subside.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes