Getting the ball rolling!

ButterflyAnna
on 4/10/12 1:16 am
VSG on 07/02/12
I had my WLS Education Class this morning and have my meeting with the nurse practioner on 4/24 for a head to toe physical. Everyone I met today was so nice and supportive.

I'm so excited -- this actually is starting to feel real. I feel like I have some extra pep in my step today knowing that in a few months I can start shedding this meat suit that's wrapped around me!

Now I just have to decide on which surgery. I thought I was set on VSG, but now I'm also considering RNY...what to do, what to do?
H.A.L.A B.
on 4/10/12 3:10 am, edited 4/10/12 3:10 am
VSG... RH - reactive hypoglycemia - re late dumping (check some post below) is a real ***** Beside that - I could handle everything...  

check the RNY forum

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

songbird177
on 4/10/12 4:02 am - Carmichael, CA
DS on 12/03/12
There are 4 types of surgery out there. 2 that are restrictive only and 2 that are restrictive and malabsorptive. All require some type of vitamins. Be sure to research them all for yourself and decide. Sometimes doctors will push you toward one when it's not the best for you. Only you know what is best for you. Good luck!
MsBatt
on 4/10/12 4:08 am
Why are you now considering the RNY?

Personally, the only forms of WLS I would ever choose are the DS (duodenal switch) and the VSG (Sleeve). Why? Because they preserve the pylorus and all normal stomach function. There are just too many potential problems with the whole pouch/stoma configuration, and no real benefits.
Most Active