never full!

Kristi K.
on 4/23/12 4:25 am - Green Lane, PA
Hi everyone. I had rny over 3 years ago and have been a success at it from my surgeon's point of view. Went from 325 pre op to 188 at my lowest. Although I felt great, I did not look good at 188 (I am 5'10" tall) so I was somewhat content to be between 190-199. All health issues resolved-including uncontrolled diabetes. I have regained to an uncomfortable weight for me of 215, and have been attending weigh****chers to get the weight back down. I eat healthfully-have not had white sugar or flour products since my surgery and I prepare most everything from scratch-no more convenience foods! I work out at the gym 5-6 days a week including strength training and running on the treadmill, usually 3-5 miles each day. I attend 2 wls support groups each month.
 My problem is that I never have felt restriction in my pouch at all-even in those weeks right after surgery, So I now tend to eat more quantity at each meal/snack. That's not even the worst part. I never feel satisfied after a meal. It is very frustrating and a bit depressing to think that I may have to go through the rest of my life feeling hungry all the time, but if that is what is in store for me, I guess I have no choice. Can anyone else relate? Any advice? I do not believe it is head hunger.

joeyanderson
on 4/23/12 5:47 am
 Have you ever tried chiken noodle soup? it's low in calorie.. If you want I can give you the recipe... most of the people having diet.. they make this soup to make them full...
glzgowlass
on 4/23/12 7:34 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
 have you been scoped?  Maybe the opening from your pouch has stretched and the food isn't sitting in your pouch long enough.  I assume the food you are eating is fairly dense and you don't drink during or after your meals.  

I can feel your pain- at least today because I have not been satisfied all day and it's making me quite grouchy.  It's just an off day though.  I don't feel like this every day.

Try changing up what you are eating.  Maybe the lack of satisfaction is boredom?  

Good luck whatever you do.

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

JJ_
on 4/23/12 9:38 am
I find that eating protein helps with feeling full and feeling full longer.  What is your typical daily intake (including amount)?  Are you eating too many carbs?  When are you eating?  Are you drinking up to 8 cups of fluid every day?

Judy
Cherokeesage
on 4/23/12 10:42 am
RNY on 02/24/12
My friends with long term success swear by continuing protein drinks twice a day and beginning each meal with protein.

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

Most Active