Has one one had a marginal ulcer that was healed by meds

Tami R.
on 5/3/12 11:36 am - Swansea, SC
 Hi, I am in a lot of pain, Had a endoscope which showed that I have a deep necrotic ulcer. Has any one had protonixs and carafate heal the ulcer I have been taken it since friday and still relief. Please can someone give a positive outcome on this. This is a bleeding ulcer as well. Four iron infusins,  tThank you 

Dave Chambers
on 5/3/12 2:45 pm - Mira Loma, CA
There is a guy in one of my support groups who was the "poster child" for RNY. Ate well, exercised, drank plenty of water, took supplements, etc....Then he found blood in his stool, went to the ER, and they found a bleeding ulcer.  4 days in the hospital, orad medications, came home or oral meds, and felt fine about a month later.  Surgeon surmized it was his high intake of citrus drinks and fruits.  He ate a lot of oranges, grapefruit, etc. during last summer. He also drank about 2 gallons of the ruby red Crystal Lite daily too.  No surgery for him, just oral meds.  Each case is not identical though. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Tami R.
on 5/4/12 8:13 am - Swansea, SC
 Thanks Dave, I used motrin for a long time. I beleave is is the reason for ulcer

Lisarn1
on 5/3/12 8:29 pm - Raleigh, NC
I did, about two years ago. I had two anastomic ulcers and one marginal one. It was nothing that I did wrong. They just figured that poor blood flow related to diabetes was the main contributing factor. I was on Omeprazole twice a day, and Carafate four times a day for months.  Give it time. I know that you are not feeling well, but it will start to get better. Anemia has also been an issue, but I've been doing well with this since starting a prescription Iron and Vit B support supplement called Integra Plus. The ulcers finally healed. I now have EGDs every six months to watch it. I sometimes have flares, so I keep the Carafate on hand, and continue to take Omeprazole twice a day. I also take either Pheragan or Zofran for nausea, as needed. I have come to the conclusion that I will always need to manage this condition. 

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs 

Tami R.
on 5/4/12 8:16 am - Swansea, SC
 Thank you Lisa, I beleave though it was because of continuous use motrin.

Dragonryder2
on 5/12/12 1:07 am - NM
I had a whole nest of ulcers way before I had surgery and I was given Nexium and they went away.  As far as I know they are still gone.

Good luck
Most Active