Quoina Pain

100less
on 5/11/12 7:16 am - Stafford, VA
I love quoina. Great source of protein. Low fat. super nutritious. But I overdid it today and in bed in pain with a too full pouch.Anyone else have this?

Don't let my indulgence scare you. 

Quinoa is a super-food not introduced to USA until 1980s. It is full of protein, versatile, delicious and aids in weight loss! Add anything to it you would add to rice. My favorite Quinoa dishes are 1.w onion, avocado and tomato 2.2 chickpeas and tomato. 3. 2 sweet potato, lemon, and vinaigrette. (I use the pre-washed Quinoa.)
Not only is the "mother of all grains" high in protein incredibly low in fat and provides magnesium, fiber, calcium, riboflavin, copper and potassium. It can be used in hot breakfast cereals, chili, salads and casseroles. It can also be used to replace other grains and to thicken soups.
Hvfaith
on 5/11/12 12:45 pm - St Albert, Canada
 I love quinoa! But I have to be very careful not to eat much or I have the same reaction, I can do about 1/4 cup max sometimes that is too much,  I have had better luck with the red and black version rather than the regular.
jackietex
on 5/11/12 2:28 pm
I did the same thing about six weeks ago and I spent three or four hours throwing up every twenty minutes or so. It was awful!

Lap RNY February 15, 2012
Starting weight 195 (ht. 4'10)
Surgery weight 178.5
Current weight 113

Valerie G.
on 5/11/12 3:45 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
You just gotta remember that stuff like that expands further after you eat it.  Other culprits may include bulgar, rice, oatmeal and pastas. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active