Yep! Not so bad, actually!

Miss Redd
on 5/13/12 3:26 am, edited 5/13/12 3:28 am - Lancashire, United Kingdom

Hi all! 

Time to check back in. I had my surgery back in 2006 (FOREVER ago! LOL). My lowest "average" weight was 160-165. I had my bounce-back..something you will learn about if you spend anytime here! I have come to rest at 185 at the moment. 

I have been being really mean to myself about this and today I decided I would STOP that. I have "won". I will never be twiggy-but I sure as heck will bound up the stairs with energy and I surely will live longer!! YES-I WIN!!

I am coming to realize that my comfort zone may be somewhere in between the original and what I have today. However-being fixated on "hating" does me no good. I have my toolbox. It's the same toolbox I had back in 2006, except with more tools...pink screwdriver of protien, box of exercise nails, hammer of support-and the list goes on!

I continue to learn and re-learn how to take good care of this body and mind. It's a daily thing. There is never a time where I have stopped and said "Yeah-I know it all now..I can be 'done'". There is no "There" with this journey. Just one step, the next..the next..a bump, a moment of learning, a step-and so it goes.

I have been reading often here lately and enjoying seeing the new folks coming through. YOU can do this. It's not a trip to be taken alone-not ever. Support is key, so is education. NEVER settle on one opinion. The medical community is here to help us, but they are not God either. YOU must take responsiblity for researching and learning about how your body works-and never stop learning!

By the way-Happy Mother's Day!!

Always hope!
Peace, T

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pre Surgery 383 Surgery 359 Current 180

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

marymazilla
on 5/13/12 7:58 am - GARDEN CITY, MI
thanks for this Miss Redd....
your timing is perfect!

"When we stop running away from the situation that is scary - that is the moment we discover how strong we really are. So, acknowledge your strength...rejoice in it...and start breathing in life, as the beautiful, strong soul (being) that you truly are." - Rachna Sirtaj.......Love & Peace

Miss Redd
on 5/13/12 8:01 am - Lancashire, United Kingdom
 Hey Mary,

Thanks for that!!! Hope you are well!

Peace,
Therese

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

MyLady Heidi
on 5/13/12 11:56 am
 Happy Mothers Day!!

I had a day to myself today, my son had to work so I went shopping and bought a new bikini, its the perfect incentive to eat right, after that about three hours of walking and photography.  Quite the workout.

Weight and size is totally personal, I know what weight makes me feel best and I have no intention of stop dieting until I get there.  We are all unique individuals and should respect each other for just that no matter what our goals are.
Miss Redd
on 5/14/12 8:33 pm - Lancashire, United Kingdom
Hello lovely!

Yes, you are so very right. It's all about what works for us. I think it's very difficult to shake all the expectations and imposed media expectations of what we should look like.

Let's face it, we are up against quite a bit of pressure from all sides, not to mention our own brains! LOL!

Yes, whatever it is that makes us feel our best-that is the deal! I am a pitbull about focusing on where I want to be and feel very determined to get there. Which is exactly how I was when I had this surgery first done!

To me, that is great news, it means I WILL see my comfort zone again-because I know I can do it. As I wrote before-"Who is driving this car??" Oh yeah-it's ME!!

Hugs to you and can't wait to see the bikini pics!! ;)

Peace,
T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 5/13/12 8:08 pm
 not bad at all, Hi Beautiful!!!

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Miss Redd
on 5/14/12 8:52 pm - Lancashire, United Kingdom
Hi!!!!! How the heck are you!???

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

martitalinda
on 5/13/12 10:17 pm
 AWESOME thread!!!! BEAUTIFUL AS ALWAYS!!!!! Congrats!!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Miss Redd
on 5/14/12 9:01 pm - Lancashire, United Kingdom
Thanks to one who is always AWESOME and BEAUTIFUL!! You are fabulous indeed!!

Hugs
T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Linda_S
on 5/14/12 4:00 pm - Eugene, OR
Well said!  I've had a few disappointments along the way, but I've said before and I'll say it again, if I had to do it all over, know then what I know now, I'd do it all again.  There is nothing like being able to move without having your own body get in the way.  So, I'm not a skinny-miinie.  So, I'm not a fashion-plate.  I'm a healthy looking woman and I no longer look as though someone hooked me up to an air compressor and tried to enter me in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!  I'll take that any day!  

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1389 views