Just wondering.

sjthompson
on 5/23/12 12:44 am - howe, IN
 I called my PCP this morning to set up an appointment to begin the 6 month supervised plan, my appointment is July 2nd. That seems extremely far to just get into the doctors office. What did you do while waiting to begin a 6month plan.  Did you push yourselve ragid to try to lose weight or did you do your regular so every pound counts in the 6 months for documentaion for insurance. I mean its so hrd to lose the lbs to begin with I cant help but feel like I want every one of them to be documented. I know I'm constantly trying to lose weight so why am I even questioning this. AND what does it matter when the real factor is every pound off me is beneficial to my health! I can just see myself sitting there eating 3 slices of pizza for dinner or a large bowl of ice cream...
kathkeb
on 5/23/12 12:58 am
Will your insurance consider Weigh****chers or another organized Weight loss plan as part of the 6-months?

If so, I would join today and get started and be 6 weeks ahead by the time you see the doctor.

I did not have to do a supervised diet because I was self-pay, but I did spend the 6-8 weeks prior to my surgery training myself to eat like a 'bandster'.
I stopped having liquids with my meals, I started to eat my food off of small plates, and cut it into very small bites.
I started to eat a little bite, and chew it thoroughly and swallow it completely before I took the next bite.

Those eating habits helped me lose almost 20 pounds pre-op, and eased me into the way of eating that I still follow today.

Good luck!!
Kath

sjthompson
on 5/23/12 1:10 am - howe, IN
 No they don't, it has to be a doctor supervised and documented 6months. I am going to "hoping for" the DS surgery. So I would be able to drink at meals.
MyLady Heidi
on 5/23/12 3:25 am
Drinking at meals is something that they tell rnyers not to do, something that made zero sense to me.  How can you tell me a protein drink isn't going to go right through my small pouch given it is mainly liquid, yogurt same thing, but chicken I am supposed to choke down dry as a bone.  Silliness to me, I always sipped with meals as needed, now I drink a lot before I eat and just drink normally as I eat and I am 7+ years out, never been more then 10lbs from my goal of 138 and currently weigh around 140+/-.  What I needed from rny was a deterrent to not eat sweets, I was diabetic and on medication, I walked out of the hospital off my diabetes meds and never looked back.  Yes I dump and for that I am very grateful, something it takes being sick to make me stop.  I have recently admitted to myself that the protien bars I loved so much were causing me all sorts of gastro intesinal distress and I gave them up, as well as all bad carbs including my beloved bagels.  Not only have a lost a few pounds but I feel so much better.  I never have any real hunger pains, ever, havent since surgery.  I don't like fats, can't stand the smell of fried food at all, my diet today is very healthy and my bf is on the same diet and recently lost 30lbs because of it.  You need to pick the surgery that works for you.  If you have a DS you may still regain lots of weight if you love carbs and can't kick them.  None of these surgeries is foolproof.  I know you didn't ask this, just giving my input, if the DS surgery is the one you get I wish you tremendous success and future happiness.
poet_kelly
on 5/23/12 2:19 am - OH
I would start making reasonable changes to your diet now.  Don't run yourself ragged, no.  And don't look at it so much as trying to lose pounds, but just trying to adjust your diet so it will be healthier and the additional changes you'll have to make in the future will be easier.

Maybe cut out soda, if you drink it, or alcohol.  Those are just empty calories.  Replace one unhealthy snack with fruit or veggies or something healthy.  Start counting how many grams of protein you get in a day and aim for at least 50.  Pick something small and get started on your new life.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

rhonda G.
on 5/24/12 10:46 pm - East Liverpool, OH
     before  i started my 6month documentation, i started changing diet, ,meaning.. low fat, no sugar, and i starting NOT drinking liquids with meals. your supposed to eat without drinking, meaning use the natural juices from you food to liquidify .. that was very hard for me.. also i gave up POP< meaning NO diet either.. cause after surgery i wasnt allowed to have any! and Im 3 months out and almost 45lbs lost.. totally change your diet, your shopping. meaning .. no no no's ... dont buy it. then you wont want it.. or eat it i should say ... low fat, low calorie.. and walk walk walk!
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1459 views