aspirin

suzy316
on 5/23/12 1:40 pm - NC
Can we take aspirin after WLS?  I have a condition that is causing me to have multiple miscarriages and my OB says that I need to take an aspirin a day.  I don't know if I can take it.....
MyLady Heidi
on 5/23/12 1:53 pm
 Nsaids can cause ulcers for rny patients.
poet_kelly
on 5/23/12 2:29 pm - OH
Of course you can.  RNY patients are typically advised against taking NSAIDS, including aspirin, though.  You'll need to weigh the potential benefit of taking it against the risk of ulcers and decide what is in your best interests.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

qnmimi
on 5/23/12 2:39 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
I take a daily low dose aspirin daily, but I also take prilosec daily to reduce the risk of ulcer...for me the benefits definitely are worth it for now ( I have strong family history of stroke, heart troubles)

Kim S.
on 5/24/12 1:12 am - Helena, AL
Talk to your surgeon.  My surgeon told me I could use short term (up to 6 months) of NSAIDS as long as I took with Prilosec. 

suzy316
on 5/24/12 1:57 am - NC
Thanks everyone for the advice!
Most Active
More Variety in Foods
Mary Gee · 8 replies · 216 views
Endo Barrier
peachpie · 8 replies · 309 views
Cronometer
TheWombat · 2 replies · 108 views
Scary!
Willie H. · 2 replies · 54 views