Trying to go sugar free for me and hubby

crw4bama
on 5/26/12 5:26 am - Chattanooga , TN
RNY on 06/13/12
Never thought it would be so hard to give up sugar. trying to get my body ready for surgery. I had to move my surgery to 6-13 because I got a notice I have a disability hearing on the 12th, did not want to take chance of my hearing being put off for several more months.
Does anyone have any good low cal/low fat suggestions my hubby has to go on a diet he has gained over 100lbs since we have been together he has sever sleep apnea and I think he is developing diabetes.
Christy
southernlady5464
on 5/26/12 5:58 am
For diabetes, your husband needs to go HIGH protein, HIGH fat and very LOW carb...Think Atkins or Bernstein.

In order to make stuff low fat, they have to add sugar of some kind, usually sugar alcohols. Read labels.

Oh, and I was and still am a type 2 diabetic...WAS on an insulin pump and metformin, now mine is diet/exercise controlled. But an Atkins/Bernstein is what diabetics under very good control use...and they lose weight as well.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135