2 1/2 yrs out...snack attacks!

wcumom1
on 6/11/12 9:10 am
WOW! this snack attacks are killing me! Not much food bothers me anymore, so i can basicly eat anything with moderation.  But.....somedays they are horrible, it seems like i cannot put down the carbs, crackers,popcorn etc... what are some things that help you out? i probably need to go back to my food journal, i still weigh all my foods....well mostly.  I will gain 5 lose 6, gain 7 lose 5 and so forth.

poet_kelly
on 6/11/12 9:24 am - OH
I don't buy the snacky carby things.  If they are in my house, I will eat them.  If they aren't, I will eat other things like yogurt or fruit instead.  So I keep lots of good choices for snacks on hand and keep the carby things out.

Plus, when I focus on protein and avoiding the starchy carbs, I get less hungry and have fewer cravings and don't want to graze all the time anymore.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

FireFightersWife
on 6/11/12 1:48 pm
I agree with Kelly, do not keep them around so not tempted to eat them. out of sight out of mind.. well i try to believe that..lol.. I buy all healthy foods, and avoid snacks..I got teens and a husband who loves to eat everything..so staying selective is hard, i have a shelf just for me and stick to it.. although the teens tend to want my foods as well.. least its healthy..If I have urge to snack, something sweet, I grab a yogurt..or try a protien blended mix drink I found on here and change it up...does the trick and I get my healthy intake as well. I hope something works for you...not everything works the same for everyone.. I wish you alot of luck!
     HUGGS         
     TAMMY

~Failure is not trying~ Success is not given, but earned~
SW: 283lbs/HW: 287lbs/current 168lbs/NEWGOAL: 155lbs  
Living with PCOS/Fibromyalgia/Arthritis/MultipleSpinal-Hip Injuries/conditions
Hysterectomy 02/06/2012

Ladytazz
on 6/11/12 2:46 pm
Eating those kind of foods make me want more so I avoid them for the most part.  From about the beginning I've found that getting in at least 100 oz of fluids and 100 grams of protein a day really helps me.  I try to make all my snacks high in protein.  If I want ice cream I have protein ice cream, etc.  As long as I am getting in a lot of protein I don't worry about it.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/12 10:00 pm, edited 6/11/12 11:20 pm
 My husband and I both had  bariatric surgery - his was actually a far more powerful version than mine .  But he complains ( often ) of regain . 

The big difference in our households is that he buys all kinds of "lowfat " snack foods ( theyre ALL high fat , to ME honestly ) ... fake candy ( oh excuse me "protein "  bars )lol , chocolate-drizzled oatmeal bars , 100 calorie snax etc.  I find them very hard to resist when im in his house .  You can also find pork sausage patties, frozen " sliders "  , ready-made bacon and imitation  full-fat   cheese slices in his house . Also diet soda and half-and half .  What U CAN'T find is ANYTHING FRESH !!! 

In MY refrigerator Ull find  fatfree meats ( turkey breast , frozen tilapia, veggie dogs , roast beef, fat free cheese , regular cheeses , lots of produce , berries and fruit .  Also fruit juices and pourable egg whites and a host of  ( only )  fat free condiments and fatfree dairy products .

I DO  eat potatoes ( with their skins on) and  whole grain sourdough  breads occasionally but lately havent been craving bread at all .   I DO eat a lot of air popped popcorn though  as a late afternoon/ suppertime snack .  

I don't know but I find the menu differences very  telling .  He always says when he's around me he loses weight - but he doesnt really LIKE the food ..  and I always GAIN when  I eat the "dietetic " 100 calorie snax at HIS house .. 

I still  make it a point to snack on FAT FREE  carbs when I absolutely MUST have a potato chip .  Though they don't make ya lose , they won't make ya gain either  I've found .. or at least a LOT less ... 

wcumom1
on 6/11/12 10:29 pm
most of the time i really dont have a lot of "junky" stuff here...but my husband has his snackies! jeeze...i get in over 100g protein a day, i probably need to up my water since it has been hotter, i get in atleast 64+ ....my night time pleasure is an atkins mocha latte.  I try to grab a EAS or something like that when i want chocolate stuff.  I need to go back to the "old ways" of measuring...it seems as if i know what to do, some days i just want to be BAD! yuck! i refuse to let myself go over 150 lbs,  but i am comfortable at 138-142....thanks for advice guys! :) Wish my support group still met, oh well darn

poet_kelly
on 6/11/12 11:53 pm - OH
My partner has his snacks too.  Sometimes.  I ask him not to buy a lot of snacks at one time and have considered asking him to lock them in his car.  Seriously.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 6/12/12 1:24 am, edited 6/12/12 1:25 am
 LOL !!!   MEN !!  ya gotta love em and TREASURE  em .. but I HATE  their gosh darn METABOLISMS !!!!

ten million years ago I actually asked my parents to  put a lock around the refrigerator  in desperation ....  like THAT worked ....   all I thought about was breaking into the neighbors cottage for their  canned FOOD ... 
Most Active