Pregnitude vitamins

Goshdarnpeople *
on 6/13/12 7:56 am - ...did I mention it's hot here?, FL
Hello.  I haven't posted in a while, but I had a question.  I recently saw in the news a treatment for PCOS called Pregnitude.  It is supposed to be some kind of mixture of B vitamins.  My concern is that with my RNY surgery the part of my small intestine that absorbs B-12 was passed, is it the same for all B vitamins, or just B-12?
Thanks!

Outside a dog, man's best friend is a book...
Inside a dog, man's best friend is a flashlight!!!

debbie13
on 6/13/12 8:43 am - Cossayuna, NY
 Its not that you can't absorb B12, you don't have intrinsic factor which is neccessary for the processing of B12 so it can be absorbed better. 

I don't know the answer to whether or not the same is true for other B vitamins. I take a complex that my nutritionist is quite pleased with and my levels are great. 

"The road to health will have speed bumps, pot holes, stop signs and asshole drivers that cut you off... but with WLS, never doubt that you will get there."

Resolve never to quit, never to give up, no matter what the situation.--- Jack Nicklaus

poet_kelly
on 6/13/12 8:53 am - OH
Here's a diagram that shows where different nutrients are absorbed. pamtremble.blogspot.com/2008/05/where-are-nutrients-absorbed .html

Some of the area where B vitamins are absorbed has been bypassed, but not all.  That's why we have to take extra vitamins.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1545 views