almost 2 wks out

linabowman75
on 6/16/12 1:20 am - bryant , AL
RNY on 06/04/12
ok so here i am again...im on pureed food and let me tell ya i cant eat nothing it seems. im waking up sickly cant stand the thoughts of eating anything. dr says it should go away in about another wk. he wants me on 3 meals a day working toward 800 to 1000 calories a day and 50 to 70 grms of protein. im lucky to get 800 calories and i get my protein from drinks which he doesnt want me to do.i feel like im failing at this.only lost 7lbs at my 1 wk ck up. am i going crazy did i do something totaly wrong for myself? please help
southbay311
on 6/16/12 1:48 am, edited 6/16/12 1:49 am - NV
RNY on 02/22/12
Wow....

I was on clear liquids for a week after surgery and then 2 weeks of full liquids. Then pureed for another 2 weeks after that. I lost 5 pounds the first week after my surgery and then my weight loss has been fairly consistant around 15 per month for the first 3 months.

Each doctor has different rules, but it does come off. You have done NOTHING WRONG. Remember all the fluids they pumped into you at the hospital has to come off as well. Plus did you lose prior to surgery? All of this has to be taken into consideration.

Try not to stress it will happen,

Nancy

H/W 326   S/W 287                                                                                     GW 145                                                      
linabowman75
on 6/16/12 4:04 am - bryant , AL
RNY on 06/04/12
thanks so much for the reply. i sometimes feel im in this alone.it has been harder since my husband went back to work and im home alone. i feel myself getting into a depression and i dont like that i wanna be able to enjoy life. im staying so nauseated dr syas this will go away in a few weeks i hope so i just keep saying god what have i dne to myself. again thamks for your reply its nice to know someone will take time to help out.

carolina
2much2do
on 6/16/12 7:39 am
 keep reading and getting support as from what I read it keeps getting better day by day
keep reminding yourself that you are worth it 
you are strong and you can do this and you will be back in a month saying this is the best thing you ever did
have a great day

linabowman75
on 6/17/12 2:00 am - bryant , AL
RNY on 06/04/12
thanks for the support its greatly appreciated.
berca9
on 6/16/12 7:55 am
 Hi  my surgery was this same date. After i was 2 weeks on clear liquid diet, i will finish this sunday. And i will start Full liquid  for 2 weeks and after pureed food. Now i lost 20lbs during this first 2 weeks. U not doing anything wrong. i have this same thoughts what make me crazy and nausea was killing me. Dr said is reaction my body for change  and should go away soon. Dont give up stick with the plan. For me is helpfull  contact with people for support grup, talk about , i wish u the best.
tjleigh1965
on 6/16/12 8:03 am - OH
you're fine remember broth thickened with mashed potato flakes always works keep it soupy and stop often cuz potatoes will swell more more. enjoy a crystal light with protein powder blended with ice. Just get that Protein! MY fav is hummus for snack a few tablespoonfuls are a lot of protein. dont get stressed relax and enjoy thick purred with mushy things that dont make sense it your world.
ps ....nadd protein powder to your sug free jello when you make it from scratch .Awesome snack!! Good luck hope this helps..I'm 3 weeks in...going back to work Monday!