Amusement park NSV!!

Amy D.
on 7/4/12 1:44 pm - VA
RNY on 03/13/12
We went to Busch Gardens today for the 4th and I was able to ride the rides!! I haven't riden the rides in years and years, which sucks because I absolutely love roller coasters. So this evening I was able to be the one to ride with the 17 y/o while Big Daddy waited for us with the 4 y/o. I've always been the one stuck waiting with the younger boy because I couldn't fit on the rides anyway. Now we can take turns, altho hubby just let me ride all the rides this time while he waited--said it was my turn! He's a good egg!

As oldest boy and I were waiting in line for our first ride, I was so scared that I was misjudging my size. I just knew I would get up there and I would NOT fit, just like I've NOT fit many times before. Of course, my fears were unfounded. And I felt so bad for the lady in front of me who had to leave because the safety harness wouldn't fit. That walk of shame is so hard. We all know.

But I had a great time, and me and oldest boy really bonded, lol. The fireworks were great, too. I don't think I ate enough today, so I'm going to have a goodnight protein shake and go to bed.

Yay for roller coasters!!!!!!!!!!

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
Addie C.
on 7/4/12 2:38 pm - TX
VSG on 10/01/12
 Congrats!!!!! I can't wait for that NSV too. The kids have agreed to wait for my hunband & I to have the surgery so we can ride the rides too. Next summer we hope! So happy for you, I love rides too.

BuckeyeGirl
on 7/4/12 10:44 pm - TN
I love this NSV!

I can't wait until I go to an amusement park again! I haven't been in the longest time, so I never actually had an experience where I didn't fit, but there were definitely several years where I wondered if I would have been too big to fit (probably).

So glad to hear you had a great time!

Lindsey

martitalinda
on 7/4/12 11:28 pm

CONGRATS!!! for get the yay for roller costers .. YAY YOU!!!! I am so happy for you ... what an awesome NSV...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Karyn H.
on 7/4/12 11:59 pm - PA
REALIZE Band on 06/27/12
I can't wait for that to happen to me!  My husband is a HUGE coaster enthusiast and we live about 80 miles from Cedar Point where the most/best roller coasters in the world are!  He has lived here 15 years and has always wanted to go.  For several years... well... we just could not afford it.  Then for the past several years I have been too afraid to go.  I had an experience of the walk of shame at Darien Lake and I was NEVER going to do that again.  So the man has waited patiently for me to take control of my life and of my weight.  Now that I am here.... we are planning a trip for next summer to Cedar Point for the week!  Camping, riding, *gasp* waterslides.... I have not worn a bathing suit in public for years so that is my goal. 

Congrats on your NSV and thank you so much for sharing it!

Amy D.
on 7/5/12 12:07 am - VA
RNY on 03/13/12
Thanks, everyone! It was really awesome. I think hubby and I are going to go back for a date day in a couple of weeks and make sure we hit all the rides. We've had season passes for years and now I feel like we're actually gonna get our money's worth. Well, I am--they've always gotten their money's worth!

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
Valerie G.
on 7/5/12 7:14 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Rollercoasters are my favorite NSV.  I live near Kings Island, and got season passes to spend the evenings after dinner my second year post op instead of watching tv.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MyLady Heidi
on 7/5/12 8:43 am
Congrats!  Glad you had a great time!  Enjoy!
Roxann H.
on 7/9/12 1:33 am - OH
RNY on 01/28/13
I am so happy for you!!!  I just read this post, and this is exactly what I can't wait for!  my belly is so big and they can't buckle me in or I am too embarrassed to try.   I love roller coasters and I know by next summer I will be having the time of my life!!
Most Active