How far will this set me back?

wannabehealthytoo
on 7/13/12 7:07 am
 Hi!
I am a little sad.  Just when I thought everything was going good I get a letter stating that the sleep apnea test I took suggested I have obstructed sleep apnea and that they would discuss the results on the 25th of July in a class I must attend.   I don't know how bad it is as I don't have any of the suggested symptoms.

I have the appointment with the surgeon this coming Monday the 16th.  Ugh!  I am a bit frustrated.  I hope I don't have to wait another 3 months.  But if I do I guess there is not much for me to do.  

Has anyone been thru this, if so how far did it set you back?
Thanks,

Stephanie M.
on 7/13/12 7:44 am
 More than likely they will schedule you for a follow up study to see how much breathing support you need, then prescribe and issue you a cpap machine.  I slept so well with mine, it really helped.  Also studies have shown that cpap support in the post op period when you are recovering from general anesthetic and on narcotic painkillers, reduced mortality in the immediate post op period by about 90%.  It shouldn't affect your surgery date.  My step dad died of sleep apnea, it was devastating to our family.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

wannabehealthytoo
on 7/13/12 2:26 pm
On July 13, 2012 at 2:44 PM Pacific Time, Stephanie M. wrote:
 More than likely they will schedule you for a follow up study to see how much breathing support you need, then prescribe and issue you a cpap machine.  I slept so well with mine, it really helped.  Also studies have shown that cpap support in the post op period when you are recovering from general anesthetic and on narcotic painkillers, reduced mortality in the immediate post op period by about 90%.  It shouldn't affect your surgery date.  My step dad died of sleep apnea, it was devastating to our family.
 Thank you for your response.
I am so sorry about your loss.  I will wait and see what the dr. says.
Stephanie M.
on 7/14/12 4:13 am
 He died in 1978, my mom in 1986 (pancreatic cancer) and my younger brother in 2001....

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

poet_kelly
on 7/13/12 9:02 am - OH
Why will they be discussing the results of your test in a class?  Do you want a classful of people to hear your personal medical information?  I would be pretty concerned about that.  I would want to discuss the results of any of my tests privately with the doctor.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

wannabehealthytoo
on 7/13/12 2:28 pm
On July 13, 2012 at 4:02 PM Pacific Time, poet_kelly wrote:
Why will they be discussing the results of your test in a class?  Do you want a classful of people to hear your personal medical information?  I would be pretty concerned about that.  I would want to discuss the results of any of my tests privately with the doctor.
 OMG!  I didn't even think that they would give out the results out in front of everyone.  I see the surgeon on Monday I am hoping that he will go over the results then.  I am also thinking that they might pull everyone individually and give us the results.
Thanks
poet_kelly
on 7/13/12 2:30 pm - OH
OK, I guess pulling people out to discuss the results makes  a little more sense.  Discussing the results in a class just didn't sound good to me at all.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

wannabehealthytoo
on 7/13/12 3:14 pm
 I agree.  I wouldn't want anyone else knowing my results.  Not everyone is there for the same reason I am.  
Most Active