HELP! Post - Op 8+ Years - Possible Kinked Bowel???

renewedlife
on 7/14/12 3:42 am, edited 7/14/12 3:44 am - Jacksonville, FL
I didn't have time to eat this morning so I was famished by the time I got back home.   I made a pea protein shake with organic maca in it.  Took a big gulp then another sip and got a sharp pain in my belly.  After a few minutes I started to feel nauseas and commenced to throwing up everything I drink and then some.

I felt a sharp pain in the bottom right portion of my belly as I was throwing up.  I have notice that I'm able to eat less and less these over the past month or so.  I am concerned because I've had both a kinked bowel and herniated bowel in year one and two post-op. 

Is it possible to have kinked bowel this far out?  I was in so much pain earlier I almost went to the ER.  I waited for about 30-45 mins and started taking small sips of a protein drink and so far I didn't bring anything up. but my tummy is kinda hurtin.

Any thoughts...

Valerie G.
on 7/14/12 6:25 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 If you make it through the weekend without going ot the ER, definitely calll the doc first thing in the morning.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MsBatt
on 7/14/12 11:07 am
Anyone can have a kinked bowel at any time, whether they've ever had WLS or not. If your pain persists, go to the ER!!!
alwaysloyal
on 7/14/12 12:06 pm - MI
I have read on here 10,and 12 years post ops with life threatening twisted bowels going to the ER saved them PLEASE go to the ER.Some of the bowel used to be supported on the omentum years ago as standard procedure,with the weight loss the omentum shrinks and years down the road can be a problem,I'll pray it's nothing serious but get it checked ASAP.
sandyfeets
on 7/14/12 2:07 pm - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
Call your doctor.... kinked bowels can happen at any time.   Also a Peterson's hernia is another possiblity.   You know the drill.  

littleskie
on 7/14/12 10:19 pm - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
I'd either call my surgeon or go to the e.r. Don't wait, so much can happen that could be irreversible if you leave it. My motto is always "If unsure then see the dr, if unsure and it involves pain or swelling and/or redness then go to the e.r.

Don't take chances on your life. It could be nothing or it could be serious. Would you rather explain to your family it was nothing or would you rather tell them that you felt pain and didn't see help, hoping it would pass?

My family would say to get my behind to the e.r. I am sure your family wants you healthy as possible tho.

Good luck and let us know what's going on. We also want you to be as healthy as possible. We are here for you!!!!

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1500 views