I've had to switch to men deodorant....

katiedid_911
on 7/16/12 7:12 am
Yep, that's right!  I will be 2 years post op in October and for the last 6 months or so, I have been having issues with deodorants.  I have tried every different brand, smell and strength.  I have even spent the $11 on the Clinical strengths and they aren't working.  I felt like I could always smell B.O. and I was always "wet" under my arms.  HELP ME!  I can't believe I've had to switch to men's strength!  

I have some hanging skin that "flaps" over my bra, could this be causing this?!  Has someone else had this problem?  Does anyone have a solution?  Thanks, everyone!  
Come visit my blog, Is This For Real?!?  katiedid911.blogspot.com/

Bette B.
on 7/16/12 7:21 am
 Well, no, I haven't had that problem. But are you just using deodorant or an antiperspirant/deodorant? 

And as weird as it sounds, the Botox people have been touting it for severe sweating issues.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Miss_Kitty
on 7/16/12 9:05 am - New Bedford, MA
You should try talking with your doctor. If you are sweating that badly, he/she may be able to give you a prescription streingth deoderant. They can also check to make sure there are no medical reasons behind it either. Hope this helps.

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

katiedid_911
on 7/16/12 9:09 am
I didn't realize there was something stronger than the clinical strength...so thank you so much!  I will call tomorrow.  I also didn't realize there could be medical reasons....thank you again!  

Heather :o)
on 7/18/12 10:01 pm
I agree with Miss Kitty, see your PCP and discuss a prescription strenght deoderant. I dont know if Men's deoderants are stronger or just have a stronger smell to them.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
Laura in Texas
on 7/18/12 10:18 pm
Talk to your doctor. There are things that can be done. Here is what my plastic surgeon has posted on his website...

http://www.drlomonaco.com/houston-pit-stop-procedure.shtml

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

katiedid_911
on 7/19/12 12:55 am
I never had this problem pre-op dang it!  LOL  Do any of you think it could be from hanging skin at all? 

dani02
on 7/19/12 1:44 am - Utica, MI
I heard Botox is becoming popular for under the arms. Talk to your
Doctor.

Good Luck
Dani
katiedid_911
on 7/19/12 1:47 am
I've done some reading on the Botox....it sounds like it works...but sound painful LOL  I'm such a chicken!

katiedid_911
on 7/19/12 5:58 am
Well, I just got home from my PCP and he prescribed me some deodorant.  He said to try it for a couple of weeks and to check back.  He also said his patients have had very good luck with this.  

The thought of only putting it on at night is weird though.  I've been putting stuff on like 3x a day!  LOL  So, hopefully this will wor****il I see my surgeon in October.  Thanks again, everyone!