Inner selves fighting - NOT hungry but still want to eat

ALESIA1966
on 7/17/12 4:10 am - New Bern, NC
Really been having a hard time with this lately...7+ yrs PO and STILL dealing with this struggle...It sucks!!!...Know its been said before but wish they could have fixed my head too...

So my fellow post-ops, newbie to old timers, how do you fight down the voices in your head?

Alesia : start 249 / surgeon's goal 138 / current 142  

MyLady Heidi
on 7/17/12 4:23 am
With a stick!  I hate that little ******* also.  Everyday we have a talk, some days I win, some days he wins.  Since I am super lazy I won't do anything to get myself food, so as long as I have no money or means to food while I am at work I stick to my lemon tea.  Otherwise watch out.  I can't be trusted at all, seriously my mind is evil.  I can justify anything.
ALESIA1966
on 7/17/12 4:43 am - New Bern, NC
Heidi,

You so made me laugh , lately I feel like I'm mostly losing...Maybe I need a club instead of a stick...

Bette B.
on 7/17/12 4:56 am
I am almost NINE years out and am still fighting that fight. It was one thing when I was working and distracted, and had a WHOLE lot less stress. Now - unemployed going on FOUR freaking years, DH unemployed, no prospects in sight, no health insurance.

And wo's my go-to guy for stress? My dysfunctional friend, food.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

ALESIA1966
on 7/17/12 10:52 pm - New Bern, NC
Bette,

I cannot imagine if I did not have work to help keep my mind on something else...Stress is such an evil temptation...I always used food as my stress "friend" too, thankfully I have a pretty low stress life right now...For sure I need to keep working at working out my head issues...

SandieMc49
on 7/17/12 5:37 am
I'm sitting here eating my lunch while reading your post saying to myself "chew slowly Sandie, chew slowly!"

Four years later I am still better off than I was before - because I recognize my "food failings". 
But with that recognition comes the sucky responsibility to do something about it!

I swear I'm going to write a book - "Life Was So Much Easier When I Was Fat".

Does it help, just even a little, to know you're not alone?
ALESIA1966
on 7/17/12 5:51 am - New Bern, NC
Ah Sandie thank you for saying it " I am not alone"

Already did know, it seems many post-ops struggle with the head games...I have really gotten away for chewing my food to death, does it help?  The problem for me is not getting to that fullness feeling, I get that...But not being hungry or even really feeling the need to eat is not the same as wanting to eat something -  - and then doing it anyway, its a crazy sick self sabatage & a regular continuous battle...

Miss_Kitty
on 7/17/12 6:19 am - New Bedford, MA
Sounds like your book would definately be a best seller!

I'd love an autographed copy!

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/17/12 5:47 am - Windsor, Canada
It's much like the struggle of an alcoholic:   One day at a time.   

The head is very messed up post op indeed.   The demons are there.  I fight my fat head every day!

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

ALESIA1966
on 7/17/12 5:55 am - New Bern, NC
Me too Dawn...

To simply state the obvious, just wi**** was easier...To all the lame-brains who are non-ops & think getting this surgery is the "easy" way out...There is NOTHING easy about maintenance...I think even regular, never been fat, people have to make the right choices most of the time  to keep from gaining...Of course the problem for me is I got fat because I was better at listening to the evil voices than the sensible ones...

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1425 views