Excited Consultation next week

monique225
on 7/19/12 2:31 am - LA
What should I expect for my consultation, what are the most important questions should I ask.
Onelifetolive
on 7/19/12 5:12 am, edited 7/19/12 5:13 am - TX

Speaking from experience, ask any and every minut question you may have.  Research the various surgeries you may be interested in and build your questions from there.  Unfortunately for me, I was so excited my employer would cover me for the surgery I just showed up for a consult on spot.  Because of my weight my surgeon gave me the best possible options that would be beneficial for me, those two were the gastric bypass and duodenal switch.  He ran down the complications and what not, but I was so elated that I didn't hear anything he was explaining.  Keep in mind that the surgeons will not pick your surgery, they go with whatever you tell them you want and what your insurance will pay.  Also, a question you may form is what are the requirements needed for the surgeon and insurance?  I have AETNA, so I have 90 days before my surgeon is allowed to submit my request for surgery to be approved.  Within that time I must have an EGD,Psych Eval, 4 nutrional group meetings, letter from PCP, weight from a physcian  with last 3 yrs at obese weight, sleep study, stress test, etc.  Not all is required by the insurance some is what my surgeon requires.  Good luck and message me if you need anything.  P.s. love the twa

Most Active