calorie question

crw4bama
on 7/22/12 8:56 am - Chattanooga , TN
RNY on 06/13/12
How many calories should I be getting at 5 weeks out? I have been getting around 450, is this too few. I am still having to make myself eat because I do not feel hungry.
Thanks
Christy

Suzanne B.
on 7/22/12 3:29 pm - OR
On July 22, 2012 at 3:56 PM Pacific Time, crw4bama wrote:
How many calories should I be getting at 5 weeks out? I have been getting around 450, is this too few. I am still having to make myself eat because I do not feel hungry.
Thanks
Christy
Hi,

I had Sleeve Surgery, so I can only tell you what my Dr. told me.  He said to eat 800 Calories per day.  I would check with the doctor that did your surgery as they can tell you.  I wish you great success.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
loretta cowels
on 7/22/12 6:32 pm - MI
RNY on 04/16/12
i think that at this point getting calories in is hard just make sure your getting fluids and protien.
JJ_
on 7/22/12 9:08 pm
Hi Christy,

I was not given any target calorie intake.....just to aim for a minimum of 60 gr of protein, balanced eating and 64 oz (2 litres) of fluid per day.

If you are working out, then you will definitely need more calories.  Are you getting your vitamins?  Fluids?

Good luck!

Judy
Mary Catherine
on 7/22/12 10:19 pm
Your body has plenty of stored fat that it will burn to keep you going while you are eating so few calories.  You will quickly be able to eat more food.  In a year, you will look back to these days and wish for a tiny appetite and tiny pouch again. 

Your job now is to stay hydrated.  The best thing you can do now is sip on protein shakes.  Don't force yourself to eat.  It is not necessary to do that. Your ability and desire to eat will return soon. Just let yourself heal.
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1545 views