So you say you want to lose weight! Really???

ga_ginger_10
on 7/24/12 8:19 am - Atlanta, GA

I want to share something with individuals who have had WLS. I am over 11 years out from WLS. The further out you get the harder it is to keep the weight off. You can eat more and if you don’t eat healthy and exercise you can and will gain weight! WLS is not a magic surgery. The surgeon does surgery on your stomach, not you head! You have to do that! If you need counseling get counseling, go to support group! You have been given a 2nd chance to make changes in your life, to get healthy and do all the things you have always dreamed of!  Not everyone gets a chance like that! Change the way you think and feel about food. You need to eat to live….not live to eat. Try different foods, you may be surprised and really like them! Figure out if you have an addiction to a particular food and do something about it! Before WLS I was addicted to carbs, I have not eaten bread, rice, pasta, potatoes or sugar in over 11 years! I don’t crave them, I don’t feel deprived, I don’t want them! YOU CAN DO THIS! YOU CAN BE HEALTHY! BELIEVE IN YOURSELF! IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU! But you have to really want it bad enough to give up all the unhealthy habits! JUST DO IT!!!

Open RNY 3/27/01  400 lbs - 170lb.  Please visit my blog at www.gingerrock.blogspot.comYou can also find me on facebook www.facebook.com/GingerRock and Twitter www.twitter.com/GingerRock 
~Ginger~ 

MyLady Heidi
on 7/24/12 8:52 am
99% of the time I am right there with ya and I totally agree, then there is the 1% of the time where I am a hot mess.  I have to kick myself in the ass and get back on the horse, but sometimes that is so ******g hard.
ga_ginger_10
on 7/24/12 10:06 am, edited 7/24/12 10:06 am - Atlanta, GA
It is not easy...and those who say it is...I believe are lying...LOL....as long as you get back on that horse you are fine!  Keep up the good work!!

Open RNY 3/27/01  400 lbs - 170lb.  Please visit my blog at www.gingerrock.blogspot.comYou can also find me on facebook www.facebook.com/GingerRock and Twitter www.twitter.com/GingerRock 
~Ginger~ 

Scott William
on 7/24/12 11:30 am
I'm at like 40-60 at this point.  ...and it comes back quickly when you start looking the other way!
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
ga_ginger_10
on 7/25/12 12:03 am - Atlanta, GA
It sure does...most of us have had weight issues our entire lives....WLS does work...but you have to use the tool and do the work.....FOREVER!

In my lifetime I have lost at least 1000 lbs. on a diet and off a diet...gaining the weight back I lost plus more....I refuse to let that happen ever again! 

The way that I feel now and things I can do in this body is worth so much more than the few minutes of euphoria when eating something sweet, then feeling horible about eating it. The fact is I don't miss the foods I was addicted to....I have found a really good piece of fruit gives me the same satisfaction and it is good for my body.

I see so many people who think they can work their way around eating healthy and exercising....they  lose weight...well inially they  do...however later when they can eat more they find themselves back where they started....that is so sad.....I have sat with people who did just that...they cry and say how did I let myself gain the weight back......

~Ginger~ 

martitalinda
on 7/25/12 1:42 am
I totally agree with you!!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Newpuppy
on 7/25/12 1:24 pm - Temple, TX
 Ginger,

I really appreciate your comments as I am considering surgery.  In fact, I just wrote a post about my fears about coping emotionally after surgery.  Your comments are just what I needed to hear.

Newpuppy/Karen
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1218 views