Five Years Ago Today

Linda_S
on 7/24/12 7:59 am - Eugene, OR
I remember wanting to bolt off that table as they wheeled me into surgery, but I'm really glad I didn't.  I've had a few difficulties along the way.  I didn't lose all I wanted to, I developed this nasty hypoglycemia, and I've regained a little bit of weight.  But, you know what?  I'd do it all again in a heartbeat, and twice on Thursdays.  Yes, I'm doomed to a life where I can only eat healthy food.  I will never again have a piece of birthday cake.  So what?  I can move freely.  My body no longer gets in my way.  When I sit down, my stomach does not spill over the top of my pants.  I can walk for miles, and miles, and miles.  I'm retired now, and my life is my own.  It just doesn't get much better than this.  Thank you all for being here along my journey.  And thanks to the medical team at OHSU for helping me along the way.  I'm 75-80 pounds lighter than I was when I started out, I'm healthier than I've ever been and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Linda

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Linda_S
on 7/24/12 3:05 pm - Eugene, OR
Oh - and thanks for all the congratulations!!  

martitalinda
on 7/25/12 1:31 am
Five years already... WOW ... time does fly.... Congratulations on your surgery date anniversary ... wishing you nothing but the best on your continued journey ... How fun to be retired and owning your own life ... can't wait to get there.... again, CONGRATS!!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Linda_S
on 7/25/12 2:04 am - Eugene, OR
 Thanks Martita!  I was beginning to think I was talking to the air!  

Miss Redd
on 7/25/12 3:25 am - Lancashire, United Kingdom
Hey! Happy Surgiversary! YOU ARE a success. We have all had to learn at our own pace what "winning" this thing means to us.

You STILL inspire me and I am happy to see you here today ...that much healthier and wiser!!

Hugs to you, all the way from England.

Therese

Pre Surgery 383 Surgery 359 Current 180

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

Linda_S
on 7/25/12 3:49 am - Eugene, OR
Thank you Therese!  You have been such an inspiration to me.  You look marvelous!  They DID tell us before surgery that this would be life changing, didn't they?  ;P  I'm not at all sorry for the changes.  Life is good!

MyLady Heidi
on 7/25/12 2:20 pm
 Congrats!  Now step back from the killer scones!  lol Now seriously, you are kind and compassionate and very inspiring.  Enjoy.
Most Active