Back to square one and so excited!

cindyp
on 7/28/12 9:21 pm - Louisville/Jefferson County, KY
Hi Everyone! Wow it's been a long time since I've been on here! I just wanted to let everyone know that I am going in for surgery this Thurs. 8/2/12 for a hernia repair and also my doctor is going to "tighten up" my pouch again! I am 6 years post bypass and have gained 35 pounds after losing 187 pounds initially. I told him I was so afraid of gaining my weight back and he was kind enough to say while he's in there to repair the hernia he will tighten it up and it will be just like it was when I first had my bypass! I am SO excited to be doing this again!! The results are so amazing! And for the record I gained that 35 pounds in one month due to my Vitamin B-12 and Iron depleting. Was severely anemic. Does anyone have a list of the post bypass diet handy? I can't remember everything about it. Thanks and I will be on here more often as it is such a great support group!

Cindy

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa
Mal
on 7/28/12 10:00 pm
 If you would like the diet I followed initially (2 weeks postop and 4 weeks postop) I would be happy to help you if you'd like to message me personally.  Everyone's bypass doc is different but I'd certainly be able to help you with what I did.

Good luck on the 2nd that's right around the corner!!! How exciting for you!!!  

Mallisa

Whit
on 7/29/12 12:08 am
Revision on 12/10/12
 Hi Cindy,
I am going to do this too. There are quite a few haveing a RNY "tune-up".  I did not react as quickly and have gained 60 pounds back. But I am as positive as you are and know it will be benificial. Keep up all updated on your porgress I am very interested. 
Best,
Whitney

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

jstansel57
on 7/29/12 10:05 am
Hi Whitney, now I feel a little better. My dr wants to put a band around ( the distoma, I think) to help me lose the rest of the weight. I feel like a failure but I see on here that a tuning up is pretty routine. Do you know anyone who has had sucess?
Jo 1962
on 7/29/12 10:53 am - NearHouston, TX
Hi Jstansel57:  if you are referring to the band-over-bypass procedure, you should contact Heathercross.  She has been successful with it, and all the members on her friends list have BOBs too.   Good luck.

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

IceMama
on 7/29/12 3:39 am
Good Luck on your journey,.. I am about 3 months out from my re-surgiversary lol and all I have to say is it aint easy!
My Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/ItAintDaEazyWay

Stephanie "Ice Mama"
RNY 3-22-06 302/158/138;''''
Weight Regained = 225lbs, Revision 4/27/12
Most Active