stricture @ 3 years out

kiminmilw
on 7/31/12 10:02 am - milwaukee, WI
 ok so I'm passed the three year mark and I swear I have a stricture  I had two of them in the first year.  Is it possible to get them at three years out?
Dave Chambers
on 7/31/12 10:21 am - Mira Loma, CA
It may not be likely, but that may be your current issue. Usually they happen the first few months post op. Personally I've never heard of anyone having 2 strictures, and then going 2 years before they have another. BUT, I'd get it checked--you likely know what they feel like from 2 previous expereinces.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

kiminmilw
on 7/31/12 10:40 am - milwaukee, WI
 I'm seeking general knowledge for now and hoping it's a bad cold that goes away because I'm without insurance till at least October and that's a bill Id rather not have unless I have to
Ruth S.
on 7/31/12 2:30 pm - Orlando, FL
 The possibility is there...........due to ADHESIONS....i saw my post operative report on my revision and my dr wrote that he took almost 2 hours clearning adhesions to be able to see my small bowel. And then two weeks after having that revision I got them again and it caused a bowel obstruction that got serious.  In your case..something could be going on.  Are you throwing up without explaination? There are signs for that..
Ruth S.
JudiJudi T
on 8/1/12 12:06 am
A patient in my doc's office had one after 8 years, so I guess it is possible.  

Before/after pic in my profile.  
Surgery: Dec 2009, lost 100 lbs

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1521 views