Weight Gain and pouch shrinking..... ???

courage18
on 7/30/12 4:50 am - MN
hey

I have gained 34 lbs since my lowest weight and I loved being at my lowest weight. I am 189 and my weight has gone down and up. I was stable in the 160's. Stress, College, Divorce and Life has gotten me down. I have not exercised consistently in like 6 months and Just looking for some ideas of how to get back on track and possiable pouch shrinking.

Thank you
God doesn't require us to succeed; he only requires that you try.

paranoidmother21
on 7/30/12 5:18 am - Lake Zurich, IL
You know the answer... get back on track.

Eat a protein-forward plan, getting in 60-120 grams of protein per day. Add vegetables, then fruit. Refined/simple carbs only in very small amounts, and rarely.

Move your body more, get out and walk.

Your pouch probably hasn't grown any more than anyone else's will - it's made out of the least stretchy part of the stomach - but you may have found out ways to eat around it. So go back to measuring and weighing everything, and don't drink within a half hour after eating.

That should all help! Good luck with it!
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

courage18
on 7/30/12 5:30 am - MN
Thank you so much.

samsander
on 7/30/12 3:29 pm - CA
Excellent advice... As usual!

Mary SW 273  CW 158  GW 160

samsander
on 7/30/12 3:30 pm - CA
Tamaxwell
on 7/30/12 5:59 am
I have experienced similar experiences since my weight loss surgery. I have lost and gained the same 15 pounds for months now. It is frustrating to me that I know to follow the "rules" as mentioned. Just as I knew before I had weight loss surgery that I needed to eat less and exercise more to lose weight. I was not able to master that. I am addicted to food. Through the years I maintained a healthy relationship with food (e.g. not reaching for food when things get uncomfortable). I recently read a quote that really enjoyed, "Every addiction arises from an unconscious refusal to face and move through your own pain. Every addiction starts with pain and ends with pain. Whatever the substance you are addicted to -- alcohol, food, drugs, or a person, you are using something or somebody to cover your pain." I think it very important for me to not let the success I have exhibited be eaten away. In order to do this, I have to not focus on that I want to lose the weight I regained or that I do not want to regain any additional weight, I need to focus on the process of how to get there.
courage18
on 7/30/12 6:10 am - MN
I am addicted to food as well...I have gone to Over Eater Anonymous before and that helped. I am an emotional eater which means as my emotions change so does the food and the amount I eat. It is so hard. They have said to me at OA , You need to figure out what's eating you and not eat it away, or another way to say it... You need to stop eating whats eating you.

Thank you for your words, it is nice to know I am not alone out there.

Truly

Heather

mollypitcher08
on 7/30/12 6:00 am
Hello Courage: (Love your name) I too have put on about 30# since my WLS which was 8/20/08.  I never even got close to a "normal" weight of say 175#. Lowest I got was 243# (from 450+ though so not bad but just not where I'd like to be) Anyhow, back to your bariatric center for a checkup if you have on near you.  Keep in touch with them.  Talk to your nutriionist.  There is a certain amount of "regain" expected after a few years out so try not to beat yourself up too much but also work on your "lax" areas.  (For me I found myself drinking & eating again at the same time which causes you to be able to eat more and not feel the fullness we need to tell us to stop)
Weigh and measure your food again.  Stop and slow yourself down and of course chew chew chew! Old habits die hard they say well mine as far as WLS done bit the dust!!! L:OL! Seriously, you can do this.  Also there is a group on here or used to be one called Back on Track Together BOTT -I believe a Kathy ran it and it is a wonderful group -Everyone is in the same boat together and no one casts any stones on anyone, either.  Best of luck to you!! I am also trying to get my --it together!! I want to say I got below 200#!! We can do it! Hang in there.  I feel so much better giving advice to others rather than following it!!! LOL! bye.  Mary
courage18
on 7/30/12 6:55 am - MN
I agree... I need to do it. I don't want to put back on the weight. You just gave me encouragement.
Thank you

Heather

ravendawn98
on 7/30/12 6:02 pm - Pageland, SC
 I feel ur paini had surgery jan 2008 lost down to 137 was so happy i can eat anything don't get sick on anything so as my life started to get crazy  work divorce moved states away no insurance new job wont cover anything bypass stoped exercising cause job works13 hrs just to tired to go i started slipping and never stoped now 187 and im freaking out. im trying to get back on track i started the 5  day pouch test bought vits and protein and been doing ok for two days even walked a little bit today and got back online here havent been on in two years there are no support groups here so its nice to know im not the only one and maybe we can help each other on here sometimes

Most Active