Celebrating 5 years of surgery

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/12 10:14 am - Weehawken, NJ
Hello all! It has been a while since I've posted on this board. I haven't forgotten about it lol. It was the first place I decided to visit when I realized yesterday I celebrated five years having gastric bypass surgery. It has been a wonderful journey. A complete physical and mental transformation. By far the greatest decision I've made in my life!

I wish everyone who's going to have and had surgery all the best of luck in life. If anyone has any questions regarding my five year journey, I'm here and willing to answer any question you ask. 

Again best of luck to everyone! And remember, the surgery is not a pill rather a tool. Bad habits must be release, while new ones are created. Educate yourself on food and what certain foods does to your body and to your mental ability as well. When I was 420 pounds I had no idea what certain foods did to my body. As long as it taste good I ate it....And LOTS of it. Read read read about nutrition. It's the best advice I can give. 

Take care!

- Jason 

Hope4Change
on 8/2/12 10:27 am
Congrats on your success!!  I was looking through some of your before and after pics...  You look amazing!  What a transformation! 
Linda_S
on 8/2/12 12:02 pm - Eugene, OR
Congratulations, Jason!  I just had my five year anniversary also.  Life is good!

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Alvina300
on 8/2/12 1:53 pm - Canada
You look great.   I am having surgery Aug 29th and have a hard time wraping my head around the mental transformation.   I am struggling with sticking to going to the gym.   It sounds like you self educated yourself and stuck to the plan. 

God Bless
Alvina
Kat1313
on 8/2/12 7:37 pm, edited 8/2/12 7:39 pm - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13
Congratulations on your amazing success.  You look great!
Kathy
martitalinda
on 8/2/12 10:16 pm
 AWESOME POST JASON!!!! Congratulations on your 5th year out .... and thank you so much for sharing words of wisdom .... I completely agree with you ... this is so true '  the surgery is not a pill rather a tool. Bad habits must be release, while new ones are created. Educate yourself on food and what certain foods does to your body  "

Again CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

ALESIA1966
on 8/2/12 11:13 pm - New Bern, NC
 I know you are proud of your success, great attitude about what & how this surgery will work for you!...Congratulations, you are doing awesome...

Alesia : start 249 / surgeon's goal 138 / current 142  

Kim S.
on 8/2/12 11:54 pm - Helena, AL
Congratulations on your success--success that is realized as a direct result of your hard work.  WLS is not a magic bullet, but a mere tool to get you started on a lifetime of wellness-which requires diligent good nutrition and fitness.

I hope our newbies see this and realize success can be achieved long term, but the work really begins years after the initial surgery and weight loss.

Thank you for being a great example!

ShallowGirl
on 8/3/12 12:02 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
Thank you for your post! Bravo !!!

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

hibrahim
on 8/3/12 1:07 pm - St Paul, MN
Congradulations - I looked at some of your before and after pictures and it's a complete transformation. Must be a complete feeling of joy :o)

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1496 views