Ready to walk a 5K?

cathey9338
on 8/9/12 12:01 pm - Woodbridge, VA
RNY on 06/19/12 with
I'm seven weeks post-op and just signed up for my first 5k!  Am I crazy?!?!  I walk a mile on the treadmill multiple times a week but I've never walked 3 miles - unless you include days we've I've shopped 'til I dropped!

It's two weeks from now and I've paid my money.  It's just a new, exciting challenge... not lunacy!!  (right?!?!)

Generic User_Name
on 8/9/12 12:31 pm
 I would definitely walk this one.  You should be able to handle that.  Just take it easy.

Neen L.
on 8/9/12 12:50 pm - Arlington, VA
You can do it!

I walked all sorts of 5ks after my surgery because they were great motivators to stay in shape. Now I can even run them and am so excited to do Warrior Dash this fall in Virginia.

Good luck and have fun!

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

karenp8
on 8/9/12 2:07 pm - Brighton, IL
That is great and something I want to do after I have my surgery and lose some weight!! I have worked my way up from about half a mile at a time when I started excercising to two miles now so there may be hope yet!!
cathey9338
on 8/9/12 3:02 pm - Woodbridge, VA
RNY on 06/19/12 with
So I just checked out the Warrior Dash!!  HOW FUN!!  No way could I do it this fall - I'm going to see if I could find something for the spring and fall 2013... I want to be a part.  So very cool.  Thanks for the tip!

acbbrown
on 8/9/12 5:38 pm - Granada Hills, CA
I did my first 5K a month BEFORE i had my VSG - i was 350 lbs and survived!

It was one of the best things I did for myself - I accomplished a goal, discovered that crossing the start and finish lines were addicting, and I had a base line to measure my progress. I did the same race a year later where I ran the 10k event and it was amazing to see the difference

Enjoy the challenge and congrats on signing up! All that matters is that you are out there working harder than the millions of people still on their couch :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

BethR311
on 8/9/12 7:14 pm - Fort Wayne, IN
You can do it! You might want to try to get some longer walks in before, some 2 or 2.5 miles, just to get the idea. I have one this Saturday.

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1468 views