NSV--playing hard!

Amy D.
on 8/13/12 11:27 am - VA
RNY on 03/13/12
We live within walking distance of the middle school so this morning I suggested to the 4 y/o that we go play at the track/football field. He was all for it and grabbed his little football and off we went. We played football (4 y/o version which involved throwing the ball through the goal posts, kicking the ball, and then stomping around like a t-rex to a cheering crowd of bees and tufts of grass), and we even ran a race. Yeah, he won...whatever...I ran without keeling over in 5 steps! We had a lot of fun! And it wore him out. We came home and had fruit and yogurt.

So, that's NSV enough, right? Yeah, well, it occurred to me that we're doing stuff like this all the time. Usually we walk a mile to the playground and then we play for an hour or so and walk home. And as long as there aren't too many kids there, I'm also playing on the slides and swings and monkey bars and whatnot. These are things I couldn't have done even if I had wanted to just 6 months ago. It's awesome. But the best part is realizing that it's not even a big deal any more. It's just something that we do. Like normal healthy, physically active parents. This all being no big deal is the really real NSV. And I love it!

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
Diabolique
on 8/13/12 12:56 pm - Las Vegas, NV
RNY on 09/19/12
Congratulations!

Its great that spending time with your little boy is a normal healthy activity now. Add me to the cheering crowd of bees and tufts of grass rooting the two of you on.  :)
challie
on 8/13/12 1:12 pm
I know exactly what you mean.  I realized a few months ago that not only did I not consider it a big deal to walk to the grocery store and carry home some groceries anymore, but I also felt no pain while doing it or afterwards.

I had to think to remember that I used to dread doing that so much and that I would be in pain for days afterwards.

Now it is nothing.  Literally a walk in the park.

Princess Brandy
on 8/13/12 1:30 pm - PA
 I think that's an awesome NSV! And some fun memories with he little one.
        http://poundsago.blogspot.com/.  My daughters weightloss blog, would love if you all support her in her journey. 
(deactivated member)
on 8/13/12 6:16 pm - WA
 So happy for you!!!! And I love the T-rex stomping! 
sam1am
on 8/13/12 7:20 pm
Love it! 

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Amy D.
on 8/13/12 7:40 pm - VA
RNY on 03/13/12
Thanks guys, it is pretty awesome! I think I like the NSVs better than the weight loss. It's just nice to be able to live my life like I am supposed to!

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
Most Active