pain after eating

trishb07
on 8/13/12 1:51 pm
RNY on 06/06/12

For the last 2 weeks I have been getting a sharp stabbing pain in my lower left side after I eat. Sometimes it doubles me right over. It lasts about 20 mins then goes away. I have no other symptoms. Does this happen to anyone else???? I was thinking it may be gas but will that happen everytime I eat??

Cindy T.
on 8/13/12 1:59 pm - Newaygo, MI
 About 7 months after my RNY, I had similar pain. It ended up being scar tissue that was blocking my intestines and causing everything I ate or drank to back up into my remnant stomach. It was very painful. I finally called my doctor and he had me come in to the ER...an MRI verified the blockage. Emergency surgery to remove the scar tissue and free up the blockage, one night stay in the hospital, and I was great after that.  He told me that had I waited any longer, I could've lost the intestine past the blockage, had to use a colostomy bag for the rest of my life, or possibly could've died.  

Please don't wait. If the pain is that bad, you should call your doctor.  Extreme pain that causes one to double over is not normal.
Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels!  

Princess Brandy
on 8/13/12 2:21 pm - PA
 Call your surgeon now! And be are not to mask the pain with drugs, pain is simple, it's your body saying something is wrong. 
        http://poundsago.blogspot.com/.  My daughters weightloss blog, would love if you all support her in her journey. 
Most Active