Still no weight loss after diet change

courage18
on 8/15/12 6:23 am - MN
I am still trying to get back down to 164lb from 190lbs. Nothing is happening, Just needed some more ideas or if anybody has found a trick or good plan.

Thank you
God doesn't require us to succeed; he only requires that you try.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/15/12 6:51 am
For me to lose weigh at this point - I need to follow a very strict low  carb diet. High in proteins - moderate fats and low carbs.
No starches, no grains, no fruits, no sugar - even naturals.  And the loss is slow.   It takes time for the body adjust.

check this forum - group for idea what people eat and how they trying to get back on track.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/backontracktogether/discuss ion/

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

courage18
on 8/15/12 7:03 am - MN

Thank you.

God doesn't require us to succeed; he only requires that you try.

Valerie G.
on 8/15/12 10:07 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Yep - high protein low carb should do the trick, and it's gonna suck.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Mary Catherine
on 8/15/12 10:10 am

Twenty six pounds is a large amount of weight to loss.  You will be doing great if you can do it in 26 weeks.  That is six months.  It seems like a long time, but that is how our bodies work.  Especially after surgery, it is important to realize that weight loss is really slow and really difficult.  Set small and reachable goals. 

Weigh yourself every single day and record the weight.  At the end of the week add up all your numbers and divide by the number of times you weighed.  That is your average weight for the week. Try to get the weekly average to go down by one pound every week.  Track your food, your water, your calories, protein, sugars, etc at one of the free sites and/or on a cellphone app.  Track your exercise. 

You would be an excellent candidate for Weigh****chers.  The meetings will give you great ideas and the weekly weighing will keep you accountable.

A pound a week may seem too slow, but what you are doing now is not working.  Go for a sensible and enjoyable experience.   If you get started today, you can be at your goal by next Valentine's Day.  If you lose faster, you might get to see 164 for Christmas or even sooner.  The hardest part is getting started.  I found that Weigh****chers was just what I needed when my weight went up and nothing else was helping.

Dave Chambers
on 8/15/12 6:11 pm - Mira Loma, CA
Eating to much fruit can offer too many carbs. Eating some protein with the fruit will diminish that issue and prevent as much wt gain. You'll burn more calories digesting proteins than fruits or other higher carb foods.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

elvi
on 8/15/12 8:14 pm - NY

I know a good plan. It has worked for me. I drastically changed what I eat and my weight decreased from 261 to 170 pounds. Transformation is possible. And achievable. It is absolutely doable to lose weight without exercising, portion control, calories counting and without feeling hungry. I don’t know if it’s OK to post a link here, but the plan I followed in on this website: http://www.ilostweightyoucantoo.com/ If it’s against this website rules, please remove the link.
elvi
on 8/28/12 8:31 pm - NY
Use the strategy that is fundamental foundation of weight loss. The only true way to lose weight is to eat fewer calories. Behavior changes that support eating fewer calories will lead to weight loss.