Disappointment

nikki050
on 8/15/12 1:11 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Gastric Bypass 2009, Revision April 2012 with NO results. I cannot get this excessive weight under control. I know this isn't a miracle but I am just at my witts end here. I have gained 70 pounds back with no budge on weight loss.
Ladytazz
on 8/15/12 1:16 pm
Did you have the Stomaphix (sp) or ROSE procedure?  From what I understand those are pretty ineffective revisions.  Don't give up.  There are effective ways to revise your surgery if it has a mechanical failure.  You may need a different surgery.  Have you been on the revision board?  There are people there that have been where you are at.  You may need to talk to a different surgeon to see what can be done to help you.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 8/15/12 1:33 pm - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
Wow how discouraging that is for you!!
What revision did you have?
What does your surgeon say?
I hope you can find some answers !!!

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

Neen L.
on 8/15/12 1:36 pm - Arlington, VA
Nikki, can you go into more detail about how things went following your original surgery and revision? Have you been in touch with your surgeons about these frustrations?

If you're strictly following the plan and aren't losing weight there may be other factors working against you (i.e. thyroid, hypoglycemia, metabolic resistance, PCOS) that are worth discussing with a professional.

If you're healthy and it's just a case of not knowing where to go from here, I have a few suggestions that might give you a place to start:

-Track your food using a site like myfitnesspal.com or sparkpeople.com. Log everything you eat, and after a week evaluate it. Getting enough protein and water are both really important. It's easy to mistake dehydration for hunger. Keep the processed and refined carbs to a minimum.

-Exercise, exercise! When I stopped losing weight after my RNY, exercise was what really jump started my metabolism and got the scale moving again.

-Take your vitamins. If your body has any kind of vitamin deficiency going on, that can really stall weight loss. I couldn't lose weight for the life of me when I was anemic and b-12 deficient.

These are just places to start. I know it's not easy, and it's so frustrating when you're trying your hardest and it's just not happening. But you CAN do it. It's a journey, not a destination. Have compassion for yourself.

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

AmberLee72
on 8/15/12 1:52 pm
What type of revision did you have?
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1402 views