Post op 2 1/2 days and I'm home

AnniesSS
on 9/13/12 11:54 am
RNY on 09/11/12
I'm so glad to be home!  I went in for surgery 9/11 at 7.15am and got home a short while ago.  This was PAINFUL for me.  I had tons of gas pain and the morphine did nothing for it.  I just had to find a comfortable position to stand, sit, lay down in.  When I woke up this morning, I knew the worst was over.  My incisions are healing nicely and I was able to get off of the IV last night, since I was able to drink water and warm broth all day long, after doing the upper GI test to make sure there were no leaks.

It helped to walk around and move, just to be able to get up and move from sitting or laying down for so long, but it helped marginally for the gas to escape out.  It just was going to come out when it was ready!

I can't eat jello - it just doesn't sit right and is uncomfortable.  I can't have Crystal Light lemonade - it burns a bit.  Beef broth is actually tasty lol. And veggie and chicken broth are ok too.  I've got a large cup of water that I'm sip, sip, sipping at to keep hydrated.  I don't want a headache nor do I want to go back to the hospital for dehyration.

I'm hoping the worst part is over.  I'm ok to look at food and although I'm tempted to taste things, I'm doing a really good job of NOT tasting. lol  It's hard, but I don't want to screw up what I've gone through.

The next battle will be when to go back to work.  I've been out 2 1/2 weeks for knee surgery and RNY and although I'm eager to get back, I'm hoping I can try a couple of half days at the end of next week.  But we'll see how I do.

Here goes nothing!!! :)
  Annie  HW 289   SW 257   GW 150

angeleigh
on 9/13/12 12:30 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12
Congrats. I have mine done on Monday, with Dr. Bruce from the same office.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

jamiebrain
on 9/13/12 1:19 pm - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12
 welcome home, glad you're doing well. take your time to be sure you're well.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

jamiebrain on myfitnesspal.  :)  look me up.  :) :)

southernlady5464
on 9/13/12 2:18 pm
If trying SF jello, try the real stuff instead (the one with sugar not artificial sweetners). And instead of Crystal Light, try making your own lemonade using just a little bit of lemon (more like water flavored lemon).

Later on, sugar free worked but at first it was hard on me. I can do sugar free now (as long as it's splenda).

Keep at it, you'll find things that work. Temp is another thing to try, cold may be harder than warm or hot...or hot may not work where cold will.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Most Active